Scotland Independance Referendum

MonkeyButler said:
Galloway is a disgusting cretin of a man.

I feel similarly to you. But I also agree he speaks eloquently and precisely. Holds his own well too.

Blueband Brother said:
This is a waste of time to be honest. Scottish independence from what and to do what?, its all misguided and rather embarrassing actuality. I think all those SNP folks should just chill, have a cup of tea, live their lives and stop wasting their time with nonsense.

From being under the rule, by in large, from the Westminster government.
To allowing us to run our own country without having to send money to Westminster, without having our taxes decided by Westminster.

We will no longer waste nearly half a million pound per day keeping trident in this country whilst nearly 500,000 people visit good banks.

Our vote will be heard, as opposed to every 4.5 uk elections it being worthwhile.

WE will take control of our country deciding what is to happen in it.

No doubt there will be no shortage of drunken under achievers ready to cheer this on but you have to wonder what it will improve for the Scots even though the advantages to the English seem to be obvious.

sd92 said:
Blueband Brother said:
This is a waste of time to be honest. Scottish independence from what and to do what?, its all misguided and rather embarrassing actuality. I think all those SNP folks should just chill, have a cup of tea, live their lives and stop wasting their time with nonsense.

To allowing us to run our own country without having to send money to Westminster, without having our taxes decided by Westminster.

We will no longer waste nearly half a million pound per day keeping trident in this country whilst nearly 500,000 people visit good banks.

Our vote will be heard, as opposed to every 4.5 uk elections it being worthwhile.

and then what?

Every citizen of the U.K, has the right to decide what happens to the country. The Westminster government is the U.K. government comprising of 4 nations and the representation is an accurate reflection of the demographic proportion of the countries e.g more than 60 million population in England compared to the 5-6 million population in Scotland. Holyrood also provides a more focused arena for debating issues with regards to Scotland.

This idea of independence from who knows what as I said is a very misguided goal. You may argue that this is about perception more than anything but I will also wager that the views of Scotland from the rest of the world will not change, Scotland, like Wales, England is better of as part of the Union and it is a kingdom that was forged for the benefit for all parties involved.

I am completely against this Independence motion , even the word independence is rather embarrassing to use and Alex Salmond as I said needs to chill but he has been evidently successful in rousing support for this referendum.

sd92 said:
Blueband Brother said:

PMSL

Freedom!

sd92 said:
Blueband Brother said:

Fucking hell that gave me a great laugh. You sound like your stereotypical Scott with a chip on his shoulder reciting fucking Braveheart. Fortunately for you the majority of your people can apply critical thinking and understand that leaving would be a bad thing and so will vote no thus saving you from financial ruin. The only people so far I have heard who want the yes vote have been people who are only looking at it from an emotional POV and don't understand any of the consequences of such action. You should be thankful that there are people much smarter than you who can see past nationality.

smudgedj said:
sd92 said:
Blueband Brother said:

PMSL

Freedom!
You can hear the Claymores swishing in anticipation.
Well, at least we can deport Lorraine Kelly.

If Scotland votes yes in September what happens in the UK general election in May 2015 do Scots living in Scotland have a right to have a say in a soon to be separate country.

dawlish dave said:
If Scotland votes yes in September what happens in the UK general election in May 2015 do Scots living in Scotland have a right to have a say in a soon to be separate country.

They do get to vote in that election because the final independence steps haven't fully progressed yet.

That's what i'm led to believe.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.