The Liverpool Thread

fbloke said:
Why are LFC and AFC fans so blinkered by their histories that they ignore the issue about players wanting CL footy in orde to sign?

It was well understood that City and Spurs needed CL football to be considered as a club capable of going up a notch in players.

But apparently the lack of that same CL football is not an impediment to LFC?

There's a smattering of arrogance about that assumption with a good dollop of denial on the side.

?? You got Yaya and Silva with EUROPA league, i'm not saying were going to buy the very best if we don't get Europe next year because it won't happen, i'm saying IF we get CL then we can buy an upgrade on what we bought in the summer, that will help us stay consistent in being a top 4 side again.

RAWK is almost unique amongst forums. Any thread daring to criticize the team or manager or even St Rafa, is frowned upon or deleted. There are some decent posters on their but if they don't sing from the RAWK hymn sheet, they're rarely allowed to put their point across without being barracked.

fbloke said:
Why are LFC and AFC fans so blinkered by their histories that they ignore the issue about players wanting CL footy in orde to sign?

It was well understood that City and Spurs needed CL football to be considered as a club capable of going up a notch in players.

There's a smattering of arrogance about that assumption with a good dollop of denial on the side.
fbloke you really are deluded. are you trying to say carroll,adams etc are not top players ,who would grace any of the top european clubs.lol

To the person that said Johnson/Skrtel/Agger/Enrique woudn't get in Chelseas starting 11, are you joking?

Johnson or Bosingwa?

David Luiz who is SHITE or Agger who is one of the best CB in the league when he's fit.

Enrique who has probably been the best LB in the league this season could probably do the same job Cole does, so i don't agree with that.

mac said:
fbloke said:

fbloke you really are deluded. are you trying to say carroll,adams etc are not top players ,who would grace any of the top european clubs.lol

***hangs head in shame and exits the thread***

LFC_2005 said:
Are you lot obsessed with us? I mean seriously a Liverpool thread...

Anyway, i don't see your problem with us... most of us haven't got a problem with you lot and actually want City to do well so United suffer, we both hate United so why do you hate us?

All this talk about John Henry, he has come out and said many times this season he will back Kenny in every transfer window and provide money for him to spend whenever he wants, we bought English players in the summer because we HAD to, you have to have a certain amount of English players in your squad, ours was full of foreign shit from when Rafa was in charge.

If we manage to get in the CL this season, big ask but if we buy 1 or 2 top players in January I don't see why we can't. Then in the summer we buy players as you lot did, the world class players.

You all say Downing has been shit this season, he could of had about 10 assists already, but our strikers are missing sitters every match. Henderson has been used as a right winger, god knows why, his best position is CM and he showed that against United and Everton (for the little time he got there). Adam does what he's there for, but can be so fucking frustrating at times. Carroll is the biggest waste of money in history.

And someone said on here we need to sort out defence out? Your joking right... we have conceded the 2nd less amount of goals behind Newcastle, and have allowed the fewest amount of shots on our goal than any other team, so i don't think so somehow.

I've said it for ages now, our best team is.. Reina, Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Enrique, Lucas, Gerrard, Maxi, Bellamy, Kuyt, Suarez (4-2-3-1) But fuck knows why Kenny doesn't try it.
LFC - not guilty here. If City didn't win the league, then I'd want Liverpool to do it. Anything, just anything to get under the skin of the Rags - and Liverpool certainly do that. So, you're fine in my book.

LFC_2005 said:
fbloke said:

?? You got Yaya and Silva with EUROPA league, i'm not saying were going to buy the very best if we don't get Europe next year because it won't happen, i'm saying IF we get CL then we can buy an upgrade on what we bought in the summer, that will help us stay consistent in being a top 4 side again.

There are a lot (perhaps even a majority) of LFC fans who simply expect their club to be able to go for the best players simply because its Liverpool.

I would suggest that the clear and unambiguous nature of City's pitch to players like Yaya and Silva with rather generous contracts were the reason for those players signing on.

But as LFC fans said of Barry when he signed on at City "big mistake" "the money will run out" "mercenary" "any player with a clue would choose LFC over City" etc etc

Liverpool are not offering big money or a clear path for improvement.

Indeed there are enough questions for players to ponder about Liverpool's future with or without CL footy.

LFC_2005 said:
fbloke said:

you are correct,but they knew the direction of where we are going,and i dont want to sound arrogant but they also knew that when we get to the top we may stay there for a while.

390559_294472480573209_199628060057652_1016552_204733650_n.jpg

LFC_2005 said:
To the person that said Johnson/Skrtel/Agger/Enrique woudn't get in Chelseas starting 11, are you joking?

Johnson or Bosingwa?

David Luiz who is SHITE or Agger who is one of the best CB in the league when he's fit.

Enrique who has probably been the best LB in the league this season could probably do the same job Cole does, so i don't agree with that.

Neither Johnson or Boswinga can defend, so I'd go for Ivanovic
Luiz much better than Agger is in the 10 games a season he's fit for.
Cole is better than Enrique, but not much in it.

So I make it 0 Liverpool selections in a joint Chelsea/Liverpool defence. I'll give you Reina in the net as Cech has gone downhill.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.