The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
Need much more of this, we need the players to come out and defend our sport.

When the clubs tell the players that its either change with the times, or your next contract is worth a fraction of your current one, who do you think the players side with?

The American Owners of clubs are the ones driving this with the aim of setting up lucrative franchises like they have in the States.

Personally as a football fan for over 50 years I’m not interested in supporting that business model .

Thanks for the memories City , it’s been a roller-coaster ride but if this goes ahead I’m getting off.

You won’t miss my support or my money both of which can be better appreciated elsewhere.

Bye !!

This is where the big 6 clubs have a gun to the head of the premier league. The premier league have to agree with it, if they kicked them out of the league they don’t have a product to sell to tv companies.
But if they do agree the Premier League is dead anyway. Liverpool are 7th so nothing to play for, same with arsenal, so when they don't try against Fulham or others threatened with relegation it skews the league. If there is no integrity there is no pint to it.

Does anyone really think if this goes ahead the premier will kick out those six clubs? Because if they do those clubs that are left will be in the shit financial the next tv deal will be peanuts if these six clubs get kicked out! Also this banning players from international football will be challenged! The champs league was getting stale, the only thing about the super league that wrong is the closed shop if it wasn’t there wouldn’t be as much uproar..

I said few years back look out for these American owners buying clubs in the premier and how they bought them because one day they will want to Americanise it well here’s the day..
No chance. 12 months ago, when Uefa kicked city out of European football there was a suggestion by some fans that City should create a rival to Uefa. Well guess what just happened..

No doubt there will be lots of hand wringing and overreaction from (our) supporters and threats to flounce off in a huff to support Macc Town - go Silk Men.

I have not had time to review the official statements etc carefully but I doubt City felt they had little choice but to accept the offer to be a founding member, noble as that might have been, it would also have been a breach of the directors fiduciary duty.

I presume that the wrangling over whether this league will get official person to go ahead but I would expect the people behind it to have expected the opening stance of the various leagues and football associations it affects and have a plan to deal with that. When push comes to shove, I doubt English football can afford to kiss goodbye to its Big 6; just as La Liga cannot afford to lose its big 3.

I don't approve of this development but I would probably be more concerned if City hadn't got an invitation to the ball; ten years ago, we probably would not have so the fact that we have is another demonstration of how far the club has progressed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.