Torres

If we can get him on the cheap then we should go for it, if not then there's better options out there.

I think swapping Tevez for him is a terrible idea, as much as we hate Tevez now you can't deny his talent. He's one of the best strikers there is when he wants to be, I'd prefer he was out of the country.

20sbc07 said:
If we can get him on the cheap then we should go for it, if not then there's better options out there.

I think swapping Tevez for him is a terrible idea, as much as we hate Tevez now you can't deny his talent. He's one of the best strikers there is when he wants to be, I'd prefer he was out of the country.

Yes then Chelsea and AVB would have to deal with his - i want to be near home routines every other month - sure the likes of Terry etc would love that

BLUEMOONISRISING said:
ANY1aBLUE said:
Castiel said:
He was bad for Liverpool in the latter stages, bad for Spain and bad for us. Three different supporting casts, one featuring the likes of Xavi, Iniesta, Alonso and Busquets; and none of them could restore his form. I've been backing him since he arrived, but after a year of poor performances, with one spell early this season where he was looking good, you've just got to concede that he's a spent force. I think he should be sold to a slower league like Italy where his considerable pace (which he still has) can still be exploited. He could be rejuvenated out there.

Physically he is absolutely fine. The problem with him is he hesitates so much. He is afraid to shoot and makes bad decisions, usually involving extra touches meaning his chance is gone. Recently he's become a bit of a playmaker to compensate for it but I don't think he'll ever be as prolific as he used to be.

Agreed - and sort of reminds you of one we own already - Dzeko..............................

Don't agree with most of the above you are seriously telling me that Torres needs wingers to flourish? Don't ever recall him being the potent header in the box player

What torres needs is an interchanging front line full of trickery, and most of all intelligence, he doesn't get that from Chelsea, there is only Mata that ticks those boxes and as a new player into the team, Mata is still finding his way into their system.

Class is permanent as the saying goes, he is shot to pieces and I don't think the English Media help with that so maybe going back to spain would help - Send him back to Atletico and free up Falcao for us :-)

Torres doesnt play better with wingers. He likes through balls. Look at his time at Liverpool. Gerrard playing him in plenty of times. Same when they played the Rags, he was put through twice. this is the service he needs. He'd get that from Silva but I personally think he'll never recover his Liverpool form so a no from me.

Scottyboi said:
I know I might get slated for this but would you have him for 30mil? You don't become a shit player over night I reckon he would be a class player in our team . If we can offload tevez
Your right it has taken him 2 years to become a shit player and Liverpool beating his body like a dog so he could play....

Cavani is the striker we should be targeting in the summer.

Aguero and Cavani would be awesome together with Dzeko coming in when one needs a rest.
This season we would have been fine if Tevez had been committed to his job. Balotelli is class but needs to grow up and deal with his issues. I know he is still youngish but acting like a spoilt 14 year old is getting him into trouble even more with the refs/FA/Press.

Torres looks absolutely shot.

Jimfv1 said:
Aguero and Cavani would be awesome together with Dzeko coming in when one needs a rest.

In theory only I'm afraid. Dzeko needs to be a regular starter, and deserves to be considering his goal scoring history. He is not an impact sub and we will never see his full potential if he is used "when our regular strikers needs a rest".

The way I see it, Dzeko (and Aguero) is a given starter whenever he is fit enough, or Manchester City is just not the team he should be playing for. Love the guys attitude and persona, but to keep him around just for a sub appearance now and then is simply wrong.

If someone high-profile like Cavani came in, well that should be the end of Dzeko or Balotelli.

In edit: Yes I agree Cavani and Aguero, supported by Silva and Nasri, should form a magnificent and lethal partnership on the pitch. Easily the best attack in the world.

Jimfv1 said:
Cavani is the striker we should be targeting in the summer.

This season we would have been fine if Tevez had been committed to his job. Balotelli is class but needs to grow up and deal with his issues. I know he is still youngish but acting like a spoilt 14 year old is getting him into trouble even more with the refs/FA/Press.

Torres looks absolutely shot.

Absolutely spot on! I think Cavani is perfect too, and I believe Mancini will target him in the summer.

No love for RVP guys?

The guy is very getable being in teh last year of his contract. Likely to not to be involved in Champs League with Arsenal and no new signings. I would go hell for leather to sign him if I were Roberto. Cavani is immense I agree but he would cost £50million or something stupid. RVP has great pedigree in the Prem too, that would be the deciding factor with the fact he is likely to cost £15-20m less.

Super David Silva 21 said:
I would do a straight swap for Tevez right now!

Torres may just need a change of scenery and need better players around him, there is no doubting on his day what a top player he is.

Silva, Aguero, Nasri and Torres

Not too shabby.

DO THE MATH!!

Tevez = 35m least.
Torres = 20m max.

Us = Title contenders.
Chelsea = Title rivals.

Tevez = 20++ goals last season.
Torres = .

Trade? Fuck no.

Young said:
DO THE MATH!!

Tevez = 35m least.
Torres = 20m max.

Us = Title contenders.
Chelsea = Title rivals.

Tevez = 20++ goals last season.
Torres = .

Trade? Fuck no.
I'd rather have Torres, at least he's contributing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.