Var debate 2019/20

Sure its been said earlier but my main issue with todays Penalty decision on KdB is Taylor didn't make a decision and indicated that he was waiting to hear from VAR ….Whats the point if VAR are not going to overrule the referees decision ? but did Taylor make a decision ? I didn't see him shaking his head saying no penalty , instead he put his finger in his ear indicating he was waiting to hear from VAR , so what exactly is the point of VAR on penalty decisions ? wonder what Oliver said to Taylor ? and how can VAR not overrule the referee when he hasn't made a decision ffs

I cannot help but think its main use is to fuck over some teams and not others. The variation between one team and the next is so bloody obvious that no one could think its introduction is for the good of the game!

I agree its not good for the game and I can concede it does nothing to promote the integrity of the competition. The only thing I would say, and from listening to the BT goals how today, its being poorly implemented all over the show.

Fuck me. When frank thinks something is bent, it REALLY must be bent.

Now, now I never went that far. I agree though it has been so poorly implemented and proving so inconsistent its adversely affecting matches even though I do not believe that is an orchestrated intent.

Thing with those penalty shouts today that werent given by the referee there is no point whatsoever to go to var they will not be overturned! So we still relying on referees to actually blow his whistle for a penalty to get a penalty!
They just have a new way to cheat. You can't overturn what's not given....

Sorry, but I have corrected some earlier on this. It didn't "hit his arm" or "come off it". He controlled the ball with his arm.
Sorry to be a pedant, but there is a big difference. How VAR didn't rule out the goal is beyond me.
Hi Prestonibbo, like I said I've not seen it yet but going off what I've read, it sounds like another shitty VAR decision.
No problem with you correcting me mate..

I believe if the fa were made to pay a fine for every decision that they got/get wrong. VAR Would well and truly be scraped. It's ruining everything. All we need is goal line technology and that's it.

Today’s VAR non penalty on Kev was as blatant as it gets.
Every angle showed it as a push, no attempt to play the ball at all.

I’m rapidly becoming sick of football.

We will not be allowed win anything this season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.