What has the UK become?

I know about Nazi history.
However, I'm just not sure about how you know the poster's motivation.
Why does anything anyone says now leap to "Nazi!!"

Maybe you know more about the posters history on this forum, but I took it at face value.

It's not someone I pay close attention to because he's pigeonholed himself as someone who is anti-lgbt+ and anti-vax and whole lot of other nonsense. On the balance of probabilities someone sharing the sort of content he shared is being a **** or trolling, or most likely both.

I wasn't calling him a Nazi and the point wasn't to educate you, I took it as read that you already knew the history. It's a false premise. Armed serviceman are championed most of all for the sacrifices in defeating Nazism. Homosexuals being rounded up in camps, and murdered sounds like a sacrifice.

Neither group had a choice.

He wouldn’t say to describe a heterosexual that he’s sticking his dick in a pussy, it’s just a disgusting way to phrase it and done to show disdain.
Maybe, but it was factually correct.

I didn't agree with his choice of words, but I've no idea how he would describe a heterosexual act either.

It's not someone I pay close attention to because he's pigeonholed himself as someone who is anti-lgbt+ and anti-vax and whole lot of other nonsense. On the balance of probabilities someone sharing the sort of content he shared is being a **** or trolling, or most likely both.

I wasn't calling him a Nazi and the point wasn't to educate you, I took it as read that you already knew the history. It's a false premise. Armed serviceman are championed most of all for the sacrifices in defeating Nazism. Homosexuals being rounded up in camps, and murdered sounds like a sacrifice.

Neither group had a choice.

I don't think the Nazis left anyone alone who wasn't Aryan and fitted into their neat little boxes of what was "normal." Plenty died because they were different, including the disabled, a different colour, ethnicity and/or Catholics. None of them had a choice either.

To be honest the Pride thing is front and centre of a lot of media attention these days so I'm assuming that's where the poster was coming from. And it's the start of Pride Month.

I'm not defending the poster per se, just pointing out that their post wasn't misinformation.

Maybe, but it was factually correct.
It wasn't factually correct though, was it? Unless you agree with him that members of the gay community have sacrificed nothing throughout history that is worthy of celebrating, which is what his initial post stated? That gay people haven't been sentenced to death. That they haven't been imprisoned, castrated, that transgender people haven't been raped to 'correct' them, that gay teens have been bullied to the point of suicide. And that various countries around the world are still at the beginning of this journey. And that thousands of brave gay people haven't been at the forefront of changing this. Personally, I think the progress made since those days is worthy of celebration, as well as the importance of highlighting the progress still to be made. But nah, on second thoughts, it's all just about celebrating someone putting a dick up someone's arse.

It wasn't factually correct though, was it? Unless you agree with him that members of the gay community have sacrificed nothing throughout history that is worthy of celebrating, which is what his initial post stated? That gay people haven't been sentenced to death. That they haven't been imprisoned, castrated, that transgender people haven't been raped to 'correct' them, that gay teens have been bullied to the point of suicide. And that various countries around the world are still at the beginning of this journey. And that thousands of brave gay people haven't been at the forefront of changing this. Personally, I think the progress made since those days is worthy of celebration, as well as the importance of highlighting the progress still to be made. But nah, on second thoughts, it's all just about celebrating someone putting a dick up someone's arse.
And I agree with most of your sentiments. The thing is though that millions died in 2 World Wars, not because of their sexuality but because they chose to defend their country and "do their bit." Including those who were gay.
That to me is the ultimate sacrifice.
I don't even agree with war but I'll defend those who died doing so.

And whilst we are it, look at the subjugation of women in less developed countries, and even those considered affluent. It's hideous, yet nobody on here references it.

Last edited:
See Romesh in Uganda.

Fucking backwards thinking there.

He doesn’t seem to be as vociferous about lesbians though…

And I agree with most of your sentiments. The thing is though that millions died in 2 World Wars, not because of their sexuality but because they chose to defend their country and "do their bit."
That to me is the ultimate sacrifice.
I don't even agree with war but I'll defend those who died doing so.

And whilst we are it, look at the subjugation of women in less developed countries, and even those considered affluent. It's hideous, yet nobody on here references it.
What's with the whataboutism bullshit though? Nobody is downplaying the people who died in the world wars. One person is downplaying the people who fought for gay rights. And using the sacrifice of those who died in the world wars to do it, in a way that betrays their lack of respect for both groups.

What's with the whataboutism bullshit though? Nobody is downplaying the people who died in the world wars. One person is downplaying the people who fought for gay rights. And using the sacrifice of those who died in the world wars to do it, in a way that betrays their lack of respect for both groups.
I think that their initial issue, that one day compared to one month, is disproportionate. Don't you?
I think a month is completely mad to be honest. It lessens the impact.

He wouldn’t say to describe a heterosexual that he’s sticking his dick in a pussy, it’s just a disgusting way to phrase it and done to show disdain.
it’s all about context.

When I’m with one of my gay mates I sometimes break into a parody of a homophobic character. Which they generally find hilarious. At least to my face!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.