Wolves PL (A) | Post Match Discussion

What's that got to do with what he posted?

Haaland had a poor game but I'm pretty sure we can allow him a bit of slack.
It has to do a lot. He is mentioning a player (Gomez) who did not even play. Or implying if we got rid of him, we could get another MF player, who would not be able to play on the left and who would be sitting on the bench most of the time. And he mentioned another player (Phillips) who has nothing to do with us conceding two idiotic goals, something that became signature of City in 2-3 games per season. Or implying we need another world class DM that is prepared to sit on the bench and jump in when Rodri is tired or suspended. Wolves were no more compact or ready to defend than WHU or Forest, it was just not our day, forget the bloody game and move on.

Kovacic isn’t an option as a DM. He was truly dreadful, but Nunes can’t play their either and Phillips just isn’t an option. We need to reinforce the midfield in January with someone who is capable playing as a 6 or an 8.
He’s had one game there, when he’s probably 60% fit. It’s a little early to write him off there.

Remember when we all thought Gundogan wasn’t a 6?

It wasn't the result I hoped for yesterday, but it doesn't happen too often thankfully. I think haaland must be so frustrated at the tactics sometimes. You can see him asking for the ball to be put through on numerous occasions, to give him a chance to use his power and speed,but usually ends up sideways and backwards. It would be great if someone could just mix up the tactics once in a while. I'm sure there's players in the team who can do that. They do seem to want to keep possession which is important, but can take away the impetus when we've won it back. Overall we're doing well. Top of the league, so it's not all bad. I'd just like to see us giving haaland a different kind of pass ,every now and then.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.