Wolves - post match

Were "dining out'" on last season big time.
I wasnt very impressed to be honest during the open top bus ride in may when half the players looked pissed and unfocused on the new season, stones in particular.
We failed in the transfer market and we have just been meandering around all season blaming VAR and injuries.
Ederson has fucked us over twice now and is more focused on his Instagram than he is for the team.
Several other players look unmotivated lost and confused.
No we cant do last season every year I accept but this season it seems lacks motivation.
You seriously saying that you could see problems based on the bus celebration? Managed to make me laugh. Thanks.

I wasnt very impressed to be honest during the open top bus ride in may when half the players looked pissed and unfocused on the new season, stones in particular.
We failed in the transfer market and we have just been meandering around all season blaming VAR and injuries.
Ederson has fucked us over twice now and is more focused on his Instagram than he is for the team.
No we cant do last season every year I accept but this season it seems lacks motivation.
You wasn’t impressed with the players being pissed on their open top parade?
Nah, that’s enough internet for today.
Fuckinell.

Go to bed.

I don’t expect to win it every season as it’s almost impossible to keep up the standard for that long. I didn’t quite expect this though. Been average to poor most of the season bar 4/5 games. We Need to buy a player in Jan but we won’t.

I completely agree! That’s what I’ve been saying. Simply that we needed to replace Kompany when he left. We have also watched Bravo turn a very sound defence into an unsure and weak defence time and time again. Just two examples of where our transfer strategy has let us down. Things that everyone can see.
Kompany was/is irreplaceable. Bear in mind he was nowhere near the finished article when he joined.

Injuries to Sane and Laporte effectively derailed our season (along with the early VAR travesties). Any other team would have fallen off a cliff, but we are still in 3 cups, and third in the table.

CTID!

Fern will be 35 soon. Not entirely convinced by Rodri. Sometimes I think he's great, sometimes I think he's too slow to play in the Premier League.

The state of that defence is shocking because we have lost two central defenders. Stones seems to be there in the background, but Pep doesn't seem to want to play him.

You're being a bit harsh on Mendy who was injured and on Mahrez. Mahrez has not been a 100% success but I can see him working out if we can get the balance right.

This squad (minus Kompany) did the domestic treble last season. I am gutted to lose and to see other fans gloat but I don't think the problems are as big as others make out. I think f we get last season's side back on the pitch we will be OK.

Every side we play now thinks if they can put the ball in behind Ferna and Ota then they can cause us a problem but they are only there for one more month.

Let’s take this point by point

Fern is 35 but is more mobile than either Rodri or gundogan and isn’t a centre half, so playing him there is stupid. Mendy before his injury didn’t look great I think we fell for a good Monaco side and silva worked but Mendy hasn’t. In isolation bad luck maybe but a young midfielder and Angelino as back up? Erm..

mahrez is a good player but attacking midfielders wasn’t the big problem. Kompany has been injury prone for years and his run towards the end of last season was good fortune and won us the league but this was not good planning. Stones has been underperforming regularly and so has otamendi(for quite a while)

Cancelo? 60 million if you include the Danilo part. Rodri 65 million. Mahrez 60 million.

The back 4 without Laporte is poor but we have a full back who doesn’t play and a defensive midfielder who is not very good at defending. Centre halves that have been poor for a few years and a left back that isn’t working and whose cover are a bargain buy back and a midfielder. I would say that is poor management.

Silva and aguero getting a bit older. The problems are there for all to see. I think we will get 2nd but look at the competition Chelsea transfer ban new manager. Spurs sacked their manager, Arsenal piss poor, rags shite.

It’s a rebuild and it all depends on how Pep sees his future.

Great post.

The injuries got us, we still have a fair few of them now obviously which has exposed us, Kompany's loss is massive as well.

But the effort the last two seasons firstly to get 100 points, and to follow it up with 98 and beat Liverpool to the title last season, and winning the Carabao and the FA Cup on top of it is and forever will be a monumental achievement. You got the sense in the celebration of it all after the FA Cup it was the end of a era so to speak. Vinne has left, David after this season, Sergio isn't far off finishing up either. The squad is tired, and was always going to come down eventually. The regenerating of the squad is the next big move for us. We have a great core there to build on
as for the rebuild well im not holding my breath,as my previous post what insentive is it for pep to put us back as we were and not reep any rewards as it is he's leaving, its not a pep out post but surley we would be better giving tha cash to a manager that is hanging around for a while, i think the club either sign him up for another 3 years or move on

I'm hoping this season will stop the club being so complacent whenever we win anything.

To not replace Kompany was a spectacular mistake. To think it was either Harry Maguire or no one was ridiculous.

They thought we could get away with it. It's come back to bite hard.
Well the other player we considered was Ake and he's injured. How long did it take Liverpool to get Van Dijk? Ages. It took us time to get Laporte. If you remember we were going to buy him and then the deal fell through.

You can take a gamble on unknown players I guess but there aren't that many world class defenders about.

I don’t really want to carry on playing Pep’s way. It’s ineffective. Change is needed at the end of the season, and I think he’ll walk
It's only ineffectual because we are so predictable, we do the same thing over and over, and the worst part is we don't seem to be learning, whether it's arrogance, stubbornness, ignorance, or a sense of entitlement I don't know, but it's being shoved down our throats like crow at Christmas.
I've noticed earlier always playing out from the back is wrong, we miss tons of chances when direct passes forward would give us man advantages and quick breaks we rarely get,
(how are the goals against us usually scored?) and then when after passing sideways and backwards we have to breakdown all ten men behind the ball.
Playing out works well when teams are drawn out, but teams are on to that, they press two or three and sit back then counter to our weaknesses at the back.

We need more physical players. Even with 10 men the game was won. Yaya and Vinny please or something similar.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.