Wolves - post match

Surprised by the amount of people claiming that wasn’t a red card. Red card all day long, no real debate in my eyes. Coming that far out you have to get something on the ball otherwise you’re in big trouble and he got absolutely nowhere near it. I think he even realised he wasn’t going to get it quite early giving him plenty of time to get out the way if he really wanted to but he made the decision to make it look like he was evading the player whilst still leaving himself in his path and made it impossible for their player to get around him on the same trajectory and retrieve the ball on the other side. Wonder how many of those people claiming it wasn’t s red would be claiming it was if it were against us?

Were "dining out'" on last season big time.
I wasnt very impressed to be honest during the open top bus ride in may when half the players looked pissed and unfocused on the new season, stones in particular.
We failed in the transfer market and we have just been meandering around all season blaming VAR and injuries.
Ederson has fucked us over twice now and is more focused on his Instagram than he is for the team.
Several other players look unmotivated lost and confused.
No we cant do last season every year I accept but this season it seems lacks motivation.

That’s enough Internet for 2019. See you all in 2020.

OK, an hour after the game has finished, time to put some perspective on our team.
We’ve just come off a season where we did the unprecedented domestic treble. We’re not at the races this premier league season due to Liverpool’s remarkable form. Is it lack of intensity, luck, injuries, poor reffing, there’s a multitude of possibilities.
We still have 3 cup competitions, a top 4 fight, so there’s still plenty to play for, it’s not our year for the league, it happens.
I’m sure there are 18 other teams that would gladly exchange our future prospects for theirs.
Don’t be entitled like some we know, remember where we’ve come from in less than a decade.
It hurts of course, but we have the belief that we’re always going to be challengers for any competition now, rather than when we just made the numbers

Absolutely

We’ll finish top 3 and have a good chance of ECL

And scousers may have 1, maybe 2 years in the sun, but that will be it

We can still beat anybody when we get it all together on the day. This season though we are having too many off days and games where we only play as we can in patches. The last two seasons seem to have caught up with us big time.

Funny thing we always seem to make bigger and better transfers after seasons where we dont deliver. If we win the title we dont add many players and usually not even starters. Expect some big ones this summer that will actually arrive into the first team and not for backup.

But the quality of transfers has to be proper good this time. We will pay a big price anyway so we might go and get someones who comes in the first 11 and improves it.

Mahrez, Cancelo are nice, but they are in an out of the team, benched majority of games. Get 2-3 players who are regulars and might wake up the others that have to fight much harder.

Otamendi and Stones know this season that mediocre games are enough as they still will play. And even a nearly retired Fernandinho is playing 2-3 times a week instead of them.

Let’s take this point by point

Fern is 35 but is more mobile than either Rodri or gundogan and isn’t a centre half, so playing him there is stupid. Mendy before his injury didn’t look great I think we fell for a good Monaco side and silva worked but Mendy hasn’t. In isolation bad luck maybe but a young midfielder and Angelino as back up? Erm..

mahrez is a good player but attacking midfielders wasn’t the big problem. Kompany has been injury prone for years and his run towards the end of last season was good fortune and won us the league but this was not good planning. Stones has been underperforming regularly and so has otamendi(for quite a while)

Cancelo? 60 million if you include the Danilo part. Rodri 65 million. Mahrez 60 million.

The back 4 without Laporte is poor but we have a full back who doesn’t play and a defensive midfielder who is not very good at defending. Centre halves that have been poor for a few years and a left back that isn’t working and whose cover are a bargain buy back and a midfielder. I would say that is poor management.

Silva and aguero getting a bit older. The problems are there for all to see. I think we will get 2nd but look at the competition Chelsea transfer ban new manager. Spurs sacked their manager, Arsenal piss poor, rags shite.

It’s a rebuild and it all depends on how Pep sees his future.
I thought Mendy was amazing before his injury. A complete one-off.

I had zero confidence or expectation that Fern would work, or Ota. However we have a world class defender who will sort that problem out within a few weeks. The rest of the squad minus David Siva is there. ANd for me bernardo Silva, and KDB is a good sub for David Silva. Likewise Foden.

Jesus is underrated and Aguero is not finished yet. The problem is just the central defence.

You agree with me, but I don't agree with you.

If Van Dijk got injured or Mane, would they be pilloried for having a poor transfer strategy? Perhaps we did the right thing in not buying Maguire or Ake? We don't know yet because Garcia and Harwood-Bellis may come through in the next 18 months. You are just sniping after the event.

If City get Laporte back, we're as good as Liverpool. Better in my opinion. In the SUmmer we need to revisit the defence. Fernandinho and Otamendi aren't good enough to cover. They have let us down time and time again. The question that is unclear yet is is Stones good enough and will Garcia and Harwood Bellis be ready next season? If not we need to make one good central defensive signing.

exactly! Otamendi isn’t good enough, neither is stones, and Fern isn’t a centre half. I would be over the moon to have four CB’s of Laporte, Garcia, Taylor H-B and ‘another‘ in the next couple of years, but the fact is the ‘another’ needed to come in the summer if we were going to improve on last season as, as you said yourself, our other options aren’t good enough.

We were without KDB for most of last season and Mendy for 2 seasons. We coped.

There's two players whose injury would be very costly to us. 1 is Ederson, the other is Laporte. The cover isn't good enough. Cover in other areas was good enough in the previous two seasons.
We will be without Edison now because of that red card, very worrying.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.