Bernado Silva misconduct charge: one game ban, £50k fine

Very surprised at the FA for not withholding Gascoignes award last night. What with him saying a head bandaged Ince looked like a pint of Guinness back in the day.

You should read that lawsuit and get back to me before casting aspersions. I know that is unheard of in the Internet, but then again, facts are hard.

I will absolutely agree with you that tort reform could be a good thing, but the case you cite is missing 99% of the information needed to have anything like a serious position on the issue. I have, you’re wrong!

The facts are the silly cow, brought coffee put it between her legs and spilt it, and somehow blamed them for selling the coffee which was unsurprisingly hot rather than accepting responsibility that she was a silly cow that burnt herself. I have read that lawsuit and the judge could have done with a serious kicking down a dark alley, to me and the rest of rational society, if you spill a hot drink over your privates its no ones fault but your own.
The fact the hot drink may of not have been 5 degrees hotter than it needed to be are irrelevant, if you believe that judgement was deserved then as far as I am concerned you are part of the problem with society over the last 30 years or so.
Why didn't she sue Ford for not including cup holders or her grandson for parking on a 1 degree camber?

The sheer stupidity of that lawsuit in the fact it was awarded rather than laughed out of town undoubtedly started the ball rolling for frivolous claims by the scummy companies you referenced in your original post. Indeed the only retrospective action since is that companies are forced to make the writing telling idiots that a hot drink may hot bigger rather than lowering the temperature of the hot drink.

The only people that could be offended by Silva's tweet are people with the mentality of believing its wrong for hot drinks to be hot.

Last edited:

Big of Kick it out to accept Bernado meant no offence, and whilst I agree that education on such matters can only be positive its the fact he has been sanctioned at all that is wrong.

Needless to say I have received no reply to a perfectly polite email...maybe they dont reply to white people? The one I have sent to the Premier league has been replied to promptly. Makes you wonder................

Big of Kick it out to accept Bernado meant no offence, and whilst I agree that education on such matters can only be positive its the fact he has been sanctioned at all that is wrong.

Needless to say I have received no reply to a perfectly polite email...maybe they dont reply to white people? The one I have sent to the Premier league has been replied to promptly. Makes you wonder................

He was sanctioned because this type of thing is against FA regs. There's nothing more to it. Whether the punishment is at a fair value can only be seen when other PL players do similar.

It doesn't mean he's a racist (as KIO have pretty much acknowledged), even if it suits moron hacks to show it that way.

I have not had a reply yet from them, so sent another message with my opinion on the actual fine and ban. Unfortunately I was in the wrong frame of mind at the time of sending my second message so didn't choose my words quite as careful.

If anybody would like to email kick it out, there is an email address on the website.

The facts are the silly cow, brought coffee put it between her legs and spilt it, and somehow blamed them for selling the coffee which was unsurprisingly hot rather than accepting responsibility that she was a silly cow that burnt herself. I have read that lawsuit and the judge could have done with a serious kicking down a dark alley, to me and the rest of rational society, if you spill a hot drink over your privates its no ones fault but your own.
The fact the hot drink may of not have been 5 degrees hotter than it needed to be are irrelevant, if you believe that judgement was deserved then as far as I am concerned you are part of the problem with society over the last 30 years or so.
Why didn't she sue Ford for not including cup holders or her grandson for parking on a 1 degree camber?

The sheer stupidity of that lawsuit in the fact it was awarded rather than laughed out of town undoubtedly started the ball rolling for frivolous claims by the scummy companies you referenced in your original post. Indeed the only retrospective action since is that companies are forced to make the writing telling idiots that a hot drink may hot bigger rather than lowering the temperature of the hot drink.

The only people that could be offended by Silva's tweet are people with the mentality of believing its wrong for hot drinks to be hot.

Well written and totally agree, the idiocy of the woman in America was beyond belief and although not linked at all to bernardos case it shows how society works... I do believe we are getting worse as well.

I made a post earlier, but I'll copy it here so you don't have to search:

The problem is the wider context. I 100% agree that Bernardo meant nothing malicious by his tweet - but what about everyone else? There are racists and bigots in the world. How do you respond to some school kid using a similar meme, or the office bigot, targeting a black kid or black guy respectively. Because now they hide behind the justification that it's just a joke - look Bernardo Silva Did the exact same thing, and no one made anything of it. And now this behavior, however innoculous, is normalised. And then in a couple of months or a couple of years, the next controversy will arise, and the argument will be 'well this isn't so much different from Silva's tweet, why should we allow that and not this?". The waters become muddied,more gray areas. Racism thrives in the gray areas, few people are overtly racist nowadays, but not taking action, making a stance allows the boundaries of what we as a society consider acceptable to be pushed more and more. And that makes it shittier for everyone!

Douglas Murray, in his book 'The Madness of Crowds', describes St George in Retirement syndrome...

St George slew the dragon and liked the approbation that resulted. So much so that he went around the country slaying more dragons and enjoying the kudos that came his way. As time went by the beasts became fewer in number and smaller in size. At the end of his life St George was swishing his sword at thin air.

... the young people who find offence (and racism and misogyny and homophobia) everywhere, are looking for dragons that don't really exist anymore. Thanks to the civil rights, women's lib and gay rights movements we live in a tolerant society where people are not prejudged on the colour of their skin, or their gender or their sexuality. Instead of recognizing the benign situation we find ourselves in, we are looking for smaller and smaller indiscretions to punish. Even Barack Obama recently made a speech on the subject, in which he urged tolerance and a recognition that people make mistakes but should be allowed to recover.

Young people have an excuse, they are young and they don't yet know their arse from their elbow. It's older people who should know better than allow this madness to continue. Your opinion, as expressed above, is part of the problem. In the specific case of Bernardo Silva, he did fuck all wrong and there should be no action other than an apology from the FA.

Douglas Murray, in his book 'The Madness of Crowds', describes St George in Retirement syndrome...

St George slew the dragon and liked the approbation that resulted. So much so that he went around the country slaying more dragons and enjoying the kudos that came his way. As time went by the beasts became fewer in number and smaller in size. At the end of his life St George was swishing his sword at thin air.

... the young people who find offence (and racism and misogyny and homophobia) everywhere, are looking for dragons that don't really exist anymore. Thanks to the civil rights, women's lib and gay rights movements we live in a tolerant society where people are not prejudged on the colour of their skin, or their gender or their sexuality. Instead of recognizing the benign situation we find ourselves in, we are looking for smaller and smaller indiscretions to punish. Even Barack Obama recently made a speech on the subject, in which he urged tolerance and a recognition that people make mistakes but should be allowed to recover.

Young people have an excuse, they are young and they don't yet know their arse from their elbow. It's older people who should know better than allow this madness to continue. Your opinion, as expressed above, is part of the problem. In the specific case of Bernardo Silva, he did fuck all wrong and there should be no action other than an apology from the FA.

im jumping in a discussion here, but cant help agreeing. "swinging a sword at fresh air" as we run out of dragons, pretty much spot on that.

We also suffer from not being able to admit we are wrong or have made a mistake in todays society. Also the further down the line they go with this sort of allegation the more their tiny brains convince themselves they are actually right.

What will they think of next

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.