The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
The death of football....... After the announcement of this farce of a competition "The European Super League" football is dying a slow death, City have been in my families blood since the 1920's, my Father at Cup finals in the 30's through to the 50's, my first game in 1966, season ticket holder for donkeys years, my 2 sons being City fans with one of them a season ticket holder, watching City home and away including the dark days of the 3rd division, I am totally disgusted that the club that is in my blood has joined this charade. City, a club that could not get into the Champions league (which I think is a farce anyway) until around 10 years ago, United half a billion in debt, Liverpool with their you'll never walk alone" anthem now walking away from the rest of football, 2 teams joining in that can't even get in the Champions league at the moment !! Do they not care about stopping teams like Leicester having their moment of glory participating in Europe after winning the Premier League, Wigan less than 10 years ago winning the FA Cup, that is what the pyramid is all about. And these greedy owners want to take all that away for a bigger slice of the cake, shame on City, United, Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal and Liverpool. But even more so for City jumping into bed with the very clubs that signed a letter to have them expelled from Europe. For the first time in my life I'm not sure if I'm proud to be Blue anymore.

I’m not following your first point.

Chelsea finished 4th last season, I may be wrong but I don’t remember them playing a qualifier.
I think England managed to up their nation coefficient hence qualifying could be avoided, but I remember City playing a qualifier not long back. Point still stands though, you would have an extremely weak competition with that format, which won't have the best teams of Europe. The Champion of Austria isn't going to beat the top 4/6 of England.

Who would ever have believed that all the years opposition fans sung it at us they were actually correct. We really are “just a shit man united”

The club has decided yesterday that we really aren’t good enough, big enough, or independent enough to stand up to the cartel bully boys and so instead they have agreed to be junior partners in this new venture.

They have spat on my father‘s grave yesterday.

They can do all the U-turns they want if the wind blows that way, but while the Sheik and his lickspittles continue to own this club I will have nothing to do with it.

A shit Man united.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.