Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grealish, for all his undoubted ability isn't worthy of being the highest ever fee paid in the Premier league.
I don't blame villa for putting the ridiculous price on his head, it's their right but I would blame City if we were daft enough to pay it.
Anything close to 100m for him is crazy talk.
How much would u say in the current Market?

Cant predict the future but personally cant see villa anywhere near the top 6 any time soon

Actually I can - if they continue to invest well and Dean Smith stays you can see them overhauling the likes of Arsenal and Spurs on the basis they will have bigger transfer budgets and more realistic expectations etc….

How much would u say in the current Market?
Considering his age and the fact he's done well for a fairly mediocre team over the last couple of years plus him being English I'd say anything between 65 and 75m and even that is pushing it and mainly down to the sharp increase in fees we've seen recently.

Actually I can - if they continue to invest well and Dean Smith stays you can see them overhauling the likes of Arsenal and Spurs on the basis they will have bigger transfer budgets and more realistic expectations etc….
fair enough mate. in that case then, its a question of whether he'd rather compete for europa places or challenge for the title each season. Understand his love for the club, but got to be thinking of his aspirations of being one of the best in the world and winning trophies each season.

Reactions: nmc
fair enough mate. in that case then, its a question of whether he'd rather compete for europa places or challenge for the title each season. Understand his love for the club, but got to be thinking of his aspirations of being one of the best in the world and winning trophies each season.

I imagine the Euros may have been discouraging for him if he was minded to stay at Villa. Maybe I'm cynical but if he was delivering the same numbers at City, United, Liverpool or Chelsea then he'd not have been reduced to a bit part super sub role for England.

How will their transfer budgets be higher? Their income is miles behind Arsenal and Spurs and FFP has put a stop to any significant long-term owner funded spending.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.