It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Roses, War of the Roses, Lancashire vs Yorkshire. A battle across the Pennines.

"
A pedant writes - The Wars of the Roses were not between Lancashire and Yorkshire but between the royal houses of Lancaster and York.

Most of Yorkshire was Lancastrian, at least up to the Battle of Towton (1461), when many of them were wiped out.

To be fair most Jews I know, and I know a fair few because of reasons, are not automatically anti-Muslim. They just wish to be left alone to do their thing.
As a Jew wishing to be left alone to do my thing I completely agree. Oh yeah and my best friend is an ex-Lebanese international footballer and a Muslim. (Also played for Wimbledon the year after they beat the dippers in the FA cup)

As a Jew wishing to be left alone to do my thing I completely agree. Oh yeah and my best friend is an ex-Lebanese international footballer and a Muslim. (Also played for Wimbledon the year after they beat the dippers in the FA cup)
My wife, daughters and my wife's family, aunts uncles, cousins, etc would also agree.

A pedant writes - The Wars of the Roses were not between Lancashire and Yorkshire but between the royal houses of Lancaster and York.

Most of Yorkshire was Lancastrian, at least up to the Battle of Towton (1461), when many of them were wiped out.

gRk1uZm.gif

Fair comment that mate, and I do like Twitter too!

Maybe it’s just me, but on here, I generally won’t bother reading an extended post. I do read longer pieces, but just not particularly about football, as I find there is rarely that much new and insightful to say on the subject (unless it’s something historical perhaps, but that isn’t for me).

There’s a place for it, agreed. A thread or sub-forum for extended writing, for those who want to exhibit or hone their skills in this area, or want to read in-depth, would be my preference.

Not being arsey mate but it makes far more sense for you or whoever else to scroll past the post rather than creating a separate forum for ones over a certain word limit.

As long as there are paragraphs and full stops then I'm all for it. The deepest depths of hell are reserved for those who post one huge wall of entirely unpunctuated nonsense.

Not being arsey mate but it makes far more sense for you or whoever else to scroll past the post rather than creating a separate forum for ones over a certain word limit.

As long as there are paragraphs and full stops then I'm all for it. The deepest depths of hell are reserved for those who post one huge wall of entirely unpunctuated nonsense.
Not taken as arsey, mate, no problem with your reply.
Yeah, tbh, that’s what I do generally, just scroll past. It’s no biggie, was just ruminating on it last night, that’s all.

Fair comment that mate, and I do like Twitter too!

Maybe it’s just me, but on here, I generally won’t bother reading an extended post. I do read longer pieces, but just not particularly about football, as I find there is rarely that much new and insightful to say on the subject (unless it’s something historical perhaps, but that isn’t for me).

There’s a place for it, agreed. A thread or sub-forum for extended writing, for those who want to exhibit or hone their skills in this area, or want to read in-depth, would be my preference.
Are you Stewart Lee?

I think the past 18 months has made the entire forum much more negative and angry. Im sure I see a lot more spats and personal arguments.

The mood around the forum feels incredibly aggravated and it seems like the negative of losing has overtaken the joy of winning by quite some distance, let alone the joy of watching football regardless of result.

We are supposed to despise almost evey other club in the league, and UEFA, and The FA, and The Premier League and The referees and Sky/BT and the media.

Not to mention the club itself is to be hated - or at least the supporter services, Vicky Kloss and the PR team, the transfer group, the social media team and an increasing list of players.

Not displaying an appropriate amount of vitriol for the above is grounds to be told how much of a **** you are, and probably get called a rag. Its bloody exhausting and I think its effecting a lot more than just me.

As soon as the transfer business is concluded I plan on taking a long break from here and seeing if it resets something.

Hopefully people will lighten up as the pandemic eases.
Bravo sir.

Might be a little too negative right now, but what the hell has Txiki & Omar been doing the last 6 months since it was clear Agüero was leaving? 2 games in to the new season and still no replacement. Grealish had a release clause but we still waited until hours before our first game to sign him instead of doing it weeks/months ago. Apparently several first teamers wants to move and with 2 weeks left of the window they are all still here.
Have our whole recruitment team been on vacation all year or whats their excuse to why they cant manage to sort at least most of this out before the season starts when they had half a year to do so? Acting slow may have already cost us a trophy in CS (even if its not a ”real” one) and a league game. Even if we get Kane before the deadline ends, it may take a few weeks before he learns how to play in our system. The difference between having it done early and late could be finishing 1st or 4th.
On top of all this we are letting half of our squad return so late from holiday they are not even match fit when the season starts.

Does our management think we will win the league with 10-20 points every year so we can afford to throw away some games in the beginning? I've always thought the club have been acting like the benchmark of how professional a club should be run, but this summer I get more of the feeling we are acting like amateurs.
We could still end up winning everything, but why are we giving our rivals a head start?
How can you write the following and still believe the nonsense above?

I am very familiar with buying/selling businesses and/or assets in my work, with numbers in the same ballpark as these.

Get Dzeko in for a season just in case. He could either rotate with Gabby if we dont land Kane or he could be back-up and I'm sure he'd be happy with both

Edit: the fact that he is actually confirmed to Inter has completely escaped me

What is Bony up to these days?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.