It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we need anyone else though?

I mean we scored 5 on Saturday..!

4 different scorers (5 with the one chalked off) and an own goal, with 2 of our subs on the scoresheet too..

Early days but we played well against Norwich, so much so that I remember saying to my mate at half time that we'd score another 3 in the second half after coming in 2-0 up at HT..!

Haha..!
You may be right, occasionally.
Any tips for the 15.30 at Haydock?

Do we need anyone else though?

I mean we scored 5 on Saturday..!

4 different scorers (5 with the one chalked off) and an own goal, with 2 of our subs on the scoresheet too..

Early days but we played well against Norwich, so much so that I remember saying to my mate at half time that we'd score another 3 in the second half after coming in 2-0 up at HT..!

Haha..!
Yet we could’ve been 5 or 6 up at half time had we had a striker, it’s those games where we blow temas away in first 30 mins without a break through then we run out of ideas, Spurs last week a prime example. We should’ve been 3 up in first 20 mins then it’s time to relax, it happened thee season Liverpool won the league as well, after 30 mins we seemed to drop off after not scoring and we struggled as other teams settled for a draw.

Just read the pages from this post to the most recent. I’m surprised you didn’t get more shit to be honest.

First of all, Robinho says hi. Adebayor is giving a fond wave, as is Balotelli. They’re all enjoying the fruits of the wages we paid, with the latter also proud of his contribution to our current success and stature.

Id say that is as much as ‘money’ comes into it, though I’m not naive enough to not realise money is a factor in any transfer for any player to any club. Even those who, on your words, are a big draw.

FF from then to 2011. City start selling the project to players who would grace the top clubs back then, whilst of course paying a more than fair wage. The success starts.

Now skip to 2015. City can now mix with the big boys, with money being the absolute distant in their attraction where the top players are concerned. Raheem Sterling walks away from one of the biggest clubs in the country to sign for us. Go and have a look at his current medal haul. KDB fucks off the inevitable advances of Bayern and comes back to a league he previously walked away from. Again I’m not naive that money was a factor, but money is a factor whoever it is, be it player or club.

We sit in a position where we can attract the premier players around the world, and those wanting to come to Europe to be part of this league and to play CL. They choose us. Not united, not Liverpool, not Barca. Us. Pep will also be a factor, but your post has a tone that without him we don’t get to sign those players.

You are living around that 2009 era, (username irony), where players literally only came for money. That simply isn’t the case anymore, much to the annoyance of those who used to wave those printed pieces of paper with the wrong fucking Sheikh at us. We are thee biggest attraction not just in England, but world football. Players choose us in the same way they used to choose United, Barca and the like and I think you should give and show us the bloody respect we deserve.
Bravo and I couldn’t have put it better myself. Fantastic post.

Just read the pages from this post to the most recent. I’m surprised you didn’t get more shit to be honest.

First of all, Robinho says hi. Adebayor is giving a fond wave, as is Balotelli. They’re all enjoying the fruits of the wages we paid, with the latter also proud of his contribution to our current success and stature.

Id say that is as much as ‘money’ comes into it, though I’m not naive enough to not realise money is a factor in any transfer for any player to any club. Even those who, on your words, are a big draw.

FF from then to 2011. City start selling the project to players who would grace the top clubs back then, whilst of course paying a more than fair wage. The success starts.

Now skip to 2015. City can now mix with the big boys, with money being the absolute distant in their attraction where the top players are concerned. Raheem Sterling walks away from one of the biggest clubs in the country to sign for us. Go and have a look at his current medal haul. KDB fucks off the inevitable advances of Bayern and comes back to a league he previously walked away from. Again I’m not naive that money was a factor, but money is a factor whoever it is, be it player or club.

We sit in a position where we can attract the premier players around the world, and those wanting to come to Europe to be part of this league and to play CL. They choose us. Not united, not Liverpool, not Barca. Us. Pep will also be a factor, but your post has a tone that without him we don’t get to sign those players.

You are living around that 2009 era, (username irony), where players literally only came for money. That simply isn’t the case anymore, much to the annoyance of those who used to wave those printed pieces of paper with the wrong fucking Sheikh at us. We are thee biggest attraction not just in England, but world football. Players choose us in the same way they used to choose United, Barca and the like and I think you should give and show us the bloody respect we deserve.
They come to us to win stuff and play beautiful football where their unique skills can be showcased. Money, facilities and Manager are important but secondary factors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.