It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tried to stay away from Twitter and Bluemoon to let the anger and over reaction calm down. I’ll take my chances today ;)

Me being selfish really wanted Kane despite the silly transfer fee Levy wanted. It was way excessive and I realise the club had to draw a line somewhere .
However I do think we’ve been complacent in throwing all our eggs in 1 basket (Whether that’s Pep himself, we’ll probably never know) my main issue and agains sounds selfish, is that we’ve never quite reached that “next level” in acquiring the elite player what could potentially propel us to champions league glory. It’s frustrating that Pep can’t work with an elite player for us, such as an Mbappe or Haaland. I know we have KDB but I’m talking in a striker role it would be the missing link
Despite all this we need to get behind the team and enjoy the talent we already possess . We have a lot to look forward to and other teams fans would die for what we have at our disposal.
Not getting Kane might be the difference in not winning the league in my opinion but Pep will certainly run us close again.
Another factor in my opinion is the hatred of our club from the CAS debacle and constant FFP jibes hanging over our club. I think we’ve been too nice in dealing with the media etc… our club has been dragged through the mud and we have done nothing against it. We are guilty in most clubs/fans eyes and it will never change . It’s obvious clubs don’t want to deal with us and will drive up prices etc.. Grealish didn’t want to be sold to us allegedly and obviously same with Kane. It’s like we are operating with 1 arm tied behind our back. Other clubs seem to get their business done without any hassle.

Another factor in my opinion is the hatred of our club from the CAS debacle and constant FFP jibes hanging over our club. I think we’ve been too nice in dealing with the media etc… our club has been dragged through the mud and we have done nothing against it. We are guilty in most clubs/fans eyes and it will never change . It’s obvious clubs don’t want to deal with us and will drive up prices etc.. Grealish didn’t want to be sold to us allegedly and obviously same with Kane. It’s like we are operating with 1 arm tied behind our back. Other clubs seem to get their business done without any hassle.
Grealish pushed very hard for the move actually.

Grealish pushed very hard for the move actually.
Hence the reason he is here.

I doubt Kane pushed for a move. Looks to me he wanted to come but also wanted the spuds fans to still love him

This is 2021, the days of realism amongst a fan base are gone what with twitter and Sky etc

Tried to stay away from Twitter and Bluemoon to let the anger and over reaction calm down. I’ll take my chances today ;)

Me being selfish really wanted Kane despite the silly transfer fee Levy wanted. It was way excessive and I realise the club had to draw a line somewhere .
However I do think we’ve been complacent in throwing all our eggs in 1 basket (Whether that’s Pep himself, we’ll probably never know) my main issue and agains sounds selfish, is that we’ve never quite reached that “next level” in acquiring the elite player what could potentially propel us to champions league glory. It’s frustrating that Pep can’t work with an elite player for us, such as an Mbappe or Haaland. I know we have KDB but I’m talking in a striker role it would be the missing link
Despite all this we need to get behind the team and enjoy the talent we already possess . We have a lot to look forward to and other teams fans would die for what we have at our disposal.
Not getting Kane might be the difference in not winning the league in my opinion but Pep will certainly run us close again.
City deal with the press in exactly the right way. We give them all the attention they deserve… fucking none!

If we kicked up a fuss and started challenging everything, it doubles the amount of shit that would get written about us immediately. “City can’t handle the truth” “City can’t face the facts” “City’s big ego isn’t dealing with what’s written” “only small clubs like City get their knickers in a twist”…

Just read the pages from this post to the most recent. I’m surprised you didn’t get more shit to be honest.

First of all, Robinho says hi. Adebayor is giving a fond wave, as is Balotelli. They’re all enjoying the fruits of the wages we paid, with the latter also proud of his contribution to our current success and stature.

Id say that is as much as ‘money’ comes into it, though I’m not naive enough to not realise money is a factor in any transfer for any player to any club. Even those who, on your words, are a big draw.

FF from then to 2011. City start selling the project to players who would grace the top clubs back then, whilst of course paying a more than fair wage. The success starts.

Now skip to 2015. City can now mix with the big boys, with money being the absolute distant in their attraction where the top players are concerned. Raheem Sterling walks away from one of the biggest clubs in the country to sign for us. Go and have a look at his current medal haul. KDB fucks off the inevitable advances of Bayern and comes back to a league he previously walked away from. Again I’m not naive that money was a factor, but money is a factor whoever it is, be it player or club.

We sit in a position where we can attract the premier players around the world, and those wanting to come to Europe to be part of this league and to play CL. They choose us. Not united, not Liverpool, not Barca. Us. Pep will also be a factor, but your post has a tone that without him we don’t get to sign those players.

You are living around that 2009 era, (username irony), where players literally only came for money. That simply isn’t the case anymore, much to the annoyance of those who used to wave those printed pieces of paper with the wrong fucking Sheikh at us. We are thee biggest attraction not just in England, but world football. Players choose us in the same way they used to choose United, Barca and the like and I think you should give and show us the bloody respect we deserve.
Nailed it, Pigeonho.

Given how tight a ship City run in terms of leaks, I think the ITKs have done a pretty good job overall this summer. Those giving any flak are spoilt brats.
As for City. We have been done up like a kipper by the cartel clubs. Levy getting high fives and back slaps from the cartel clubs at their next clandestine lunch meeting.

Given how tight a ship City run in terms of leaks, I think the ITKs have done a pretty good job overall this summer. Those giving any flak are spoilt brats.
As for City. We have been done up like a kipper by the cartel clubs. Levy getting high fives and back slaps from the cartel clubs at their next clandestine lunch meeting.

Nothing to do with cartel. Levy would have behaved the same way towards any club chasing Kane - £150m or not

Doesn't sound like it was anything like as close as we were led to believe.
Though he'd have scored plenty just never really pictured him in our set up. Ronaldo even less.
Think the moral of the last 2 summers is don't get to excited just because a player and entourage say they are up for a move. Even in the cases of Messi and Kane who have given their clubs everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.