Are there any bona fide world class players in a bottom 10 PL team right now?

Talk Shite wound me up last week (I know, I know) when Goldstein and Bent were talking about "who sits at the top table with Messi and Ronaldo" in terms of goal scorers during their era.
The pair of them reeled off name after name (from Aguero, Haaland, Lewendowski, Ibramovich, Rooney, Kane, Kloser and more all saying "yeah he's at the the top table".
I'm screaming mad eyed at the car radio "how many players are at the top table?"
There was no limit. The top table was endless.
It just used to be the main man, influencing and his 12 followers

I don't know about would class but Neto is easily capable of playing for a much better teams, seems to be quite injury prone though.

Not world class per se, but ban aside, Ivan Toney could do a job in a better team. 20 league goals last season.

So if Haaland just played for Molde forever and Norway never won anything he isn’t a world class footballer, despite being the exactly same player ?
How would he be the same player if he is scoring goals in the Norway League...
Name me any sportsman who is true world class and has not reached the top of his trade by winning major honours.. don’t mean very very good ones I mean true proper without doubt world class and you can include any top level sports like Golf.. Tennis.. Boxing etc..

If the exact same players as Haaland and Rodri was playing for clubs in the bottom 10 then apparently for some they would not be considered World Class. seems silly to me

Talk Shite wound me up last week (I know, I know) when Goldstein and Bent were talking about "who sits at the top table with Messi and Ronaldo" in terms of goal scorers during their era.
The pair of them reeled off name after name (from Aguero, Haaland, Lewendowski, Ibramovich, Rooney, Kane, Kloser and more all saying "yeah he's at the the top table".
I'm screaming mad eyed at the car radio "how many players are at the top table?"
There was no limit. The top table was endless.

Rooney? As a goalscorer? They must be talking shite indeed.

He only hit over 20 goals league twice in his career. He usually got around 12-15 league goals a season. Haaland only needs 7 more and hes hit over 20 Premier League goals a season twice, same as Rooney, and he's in november of his second season. Kane scored over 20 in the league in four different seasons, and over 30 in two others. Vardy was more prolific than Rooney in the premier league too, when you look at what he scored per season.

He was England's top scorer because of all the friendlies against Andorra etc but Harry Kane soon seen his record off in half the time. I know he is the rags top scorer but that's a lot to do with time he was there

Not saying he wasnt a very good footballer, but looking at the amount he used to score per season, you can't put him alongside Kane, Haaland, Lewendowski etc when it comes to goal scoring.

If the exact same players as Haaland and Rodri was playing for clubs in the bottom 10 then apparently for some they would not be considered World Class. seems silly to me
Yes but you’ve mentioned Bowen and WC in the same sentence so you are silly.

Yes but you’ve mentioned Bowen and WC in the same sentence so you are silly.

At this very moment, I'd like to know what more he can do to be considered that.

seems you have to play for a glam top 2 club in PL or Spain to only be considered.

1699954296131.png

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.