Champions League Final | Post-Match Thread

I still think Aguero has a good couple of years left in him.

Gutted he is going tbh, record goal scorer ,and Club legend literally told he has no future at a Club he has delivered so much for.

I am sure Aguero knows not one Blue wants this.

This is 100% on Pep.

Ironically not good enough for Pep, but still good enough for Pep first love Barcelona.
I love Sergio like we all do and I hope you are right. However, his injuries have been getting more and more frequent with each passing season. No one really knows if he can still perform at a high level consistently over a season.

I hope he can stay fit and finish his career on a high. All you can go on is the here and now. City need a regular forward who can play and score most weeks. Pep is the manager and must make the call for the best interests of MCFC. The criticism he is getting in this forum is out of order.

For what’s its worth and reading these forums last week I believe everyone was too cocky and over confident. Saying the last two Chelsea wins were meaningless and with the top dogs playing for city you would be 3-0 up after 15 mins. This game was a one off and anything can happen which proved to be . Chelsea did a masterclass on City and played to their strengths and actually could have been 3-0 Up themselves in the first half. Chelsea also appeared to play as a team whereas city was 11 individuals thinking they are better then they actually are.
On the KBD challenge never a red card and I think it was a blessing in disguise that he went off as he lost possession 12 times up to that point. I just think Chelsea were up for it more and when that sacked frank halfway through the season and then changed their kit for the final as they did the season they beat Bayern who I might add are better then city the writing was on the wall. What’s interesting is all the pundits saying an easy win are in hiding somewhere. The darker shade of blue wins the day
Look mate you did a number on us and deserved to win. Anything else you say is nothing but white noise. We needed to have a bad day for you to win and that is exactly what happened. Go and enjoy your win and fuck off out of here.

I still think Aguero has a good couple of years left in him.

Gutted he is going tbh, record goal scorer ,and Club legend literally told he has no future at a Club he has delivered so much for.

I am sure Aguero knows not one Blue wants this.

This is 100% on Pep.

Ironically not good enough for Pep, but still good enough for Pep true love Barcelona.
I want Aguero to go. His best days are behind him. I thought bringing him on in the final was a mistake. And your "true love" comment is pathetic.

This is a theory and a belief but it's being stated as though it's stone cold, incontrovertible fact. That you put our strongest eleven on the field, there's only one way they play and, of course, we win. There are numerous weaknesses in the theory, the most notable of which is that Pep shares everybody's view on what the best 11 is and there's some disturbing evidence that he doesn't. What everybody ignores is that this strongest eleven hasn't played together very often at all, and even in the CL QF and SF he seemed uncertain as to whether Cancelao or Zinchenko suited best or if Rodri should play in place of Ferna. Then there was the question of whether we should play a false 9 or not. His experiment with Torres as number 9 worked well at Newcastle but the final trial at Brighton was ruined by the worst referee in England. Then there was the problem of Chelsea's well organised lines of 4/5/6/7 and where Vity really needed the numbers. So selection was by no means as simple and straightforward as many think and the idea that there is one "strongest line up" for all occasions and that Pep overthinks borders on nonsense. The second weakness in the argument is that City played badly because they were playing in a formation they didn't understand and weren't familiar with. I reject this because what City did badly were the basics of control and passing. I think the evidence is clear that the occasion overwhelmed City, not the system. It is not the Pep way to throw players in without preparation, unable to say how they were to deal with something as obvious as a through ball. Our back four simply never played and this chaos was reflected up front where the final ball "didn't come", more often than not because there was no-one to receive it. No number 9 in the team and passing too cumbersome to get a false 9 in there with any support. Ferna came om eventually and made little or no difference and your assertion that had he started City would have been more relaxed and allowed the others to play really does require a leap of faith to believe. We conceded one goal and never looked like scoring one ourselves. We were beaten, we were well beaten and on Saturday night it was hard to see what would have changed that. But if you want to believe it was all because "Pep fucked up again" you cling to your illusions.
He made changes, we were shit.

The players have no right to call Pep out. Easy to blame the manager when most of the starting 11 did not turn up. I hope the same players also called him out when he won us the league...I will hold me breath in anticipation.
How many of those moaning players are going to improve to push us to the next level? The fact is that some of them have reached their peak in terms of talent so if they don't want to play for our club then they can move on. Let's be honest it wasn't just Pep's crazy selection that cost us the final. Some of the players were too mentally weak to get us over the line. It takes more than skill to win CL Finals.

Absolute Legend.
Thank you.
If you're reading this Sergio I'm sorry you were disrespected at the end.
disrespected , in what way ?
He was never disrespected, the club gave him whatever he wanted, looked after him incredibly.

He was not fit for the best part of a year, you can't have a place in this team on sentiment, if you start doing that we are finished as a title winning club.

I didn't expect Fern to start - I expected him to come on at some point in the second half. I've been saying for years that Gundo is the identikit Pep player -skillset-wise and knows the role expected of him inside out. But many on here have never appreciated what he does until this season. While not many fans would have picked an out of form Raheem and would have preferred Fern or Rodri to start, we don't see the guys in training. Maybe it was emotional selection - we don't know. But whatever the reason, the accusation of pathetic management has no substance.
Well it certainly wasn't genius I'm afraid.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.