Community Shield - Arsenal (N) | Sun 6th Aug - 16:00

Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The way they used to do it was select households and fit a gadget to the TV. This transmitted which of the 4 channels the household were watching. Basically they made the figures up.
I don't know what thay do now but I'm sure it still involves guesswork especially with ipads laptops etc.

I’ve no idea how they work out viewing figures these days and aren’t arsed enough to Google it.

But they clearly have the info available to very accurately record it if they wish. They know exactly what you’re watching all the time, hence emails advertising ‘programmes you might like’ Or ‘similar programmes to recently watched’

The way they used to do it was select households and fit a gadget to the TV. This transmitted which of the 4 channels the household were watching. Basically they made the figures up.
I don't know what thay do now but I'm sure it still involves guesswork especially with ipads laptops etc.
There is an inaudible (to humans!) signal transmitted in a programmes soundtrack which is captured by a device attached to a TV set and this provides the information on what and when a programme is watched. That's how they can track timeshifted viewings.
The members of the selected representative household log in to another device when they are viewing to provide the demographics data.
As stated before, 'Project Dovetail' introduced methods to capture viewing data from other devices and this is factored into the calculated rating.
It is far from being 'made up' and the method used is accepted by the industry as a whole and businesses seeking to advertise on TV when determing how to much to spend and when they want them to air.

There is an inaudible (to humans!) signal transmitted in a programmes soundtrack which is captured by a device attached to a TV set and this provides the information on what and when a programme is watched. That's how they can track timeshifted viewings.
The members of the selected representative household log in to another device when they are viewing to provide the demographics data.
As stated before, 'Project Dovetail' introduced methods to capture viewing data from other devices and this is factored into the calculated rating.
It is far from being 'made up' and the method used is accepted by the industry as a whole and businesses seeking to advertise on TV when determing how to much to spend and when they want them to air.
That is a great system and no doubt very accurate.......in 1970 :-) how many people watch TV live ? Does anyone under the age of 30 ? I can't remember when I last sat down to deliberately watch a programme.

That is a great system and no doubt very accurate.......in 1970 :-) how many people watch TV live ? Does anyone under the age of 30 ? I can't remember when I last sat down to deliberately watch a programme.
Its constantly evolving. As stated, the method captures time shifted viewing. They release viewing data as:
'Overnights'- programmes watched live or recorded/accessed via on demand services on the day of broadcast up to 2am.
7+ days- Any viewing a programme within 7 days of broadcast
28+ days- Any viewing a programme within 28 days of broadcast
4 screen- data collated from viewing on devices other than TV sets.

They are keeping step with the changes in modern viewing habits.

Its constantly evolving. As stated, the method captures time shifted viewing. They release viewing data as:
'Overnights'- programmes watched live or recorded/accessed via on demand services on the day of broadcast up to 2am.
7+ days- Any viewing a programme within 7 days of broadcast
28+ days- Any viewing a programme within 28 days of broadcast
4 screen- data collated from viewing on devices other than TV sets.

They are keeping step with the changes in modern viewing habits.
And OilClub.com stats

Well said. It's a free country so anyone who doesn't want to go the Wembley that's fine. But for a team that has just won the treble, the best team of all time, there is too much negativity and virtue-signalling going on for my liking.
The club, Pep & players understand and probably support putting two fingers up to the arrogant,disinterested,vain and incompetent FA.

Fuck em and add em to the list of twats who are trying to fuck us over.

BTW, is there any news on how UEFA are going to refund our Istanbul tix money and when ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.