EU referendum

• In

Votes: 503 47.9%
  • Out

Votes: 547 52.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can sense after events of last weeks tragic event the campaign & their scare tactics will just about edge it. Pretty disgusting if you ask me using this MP's death to fuel their agenda. I've seen a handful of people on Twitter put the blame Farage for the actions of one mentally unstable individual. You might think he's a knob but that's completely uncalled for.

Hopefully it'll be a historic day on 23rd July and we'll have the balls to vote leave. We're stuck in a rut if we decide to stay in the EU. Think its bad now...it's only going to get worse. Vote OUT.

Good decision.

In your opinion.

Truth be told, it appears @Credo is yet another that was had his will waned as a result of the incessant scaremongering from the increasingly anxious status quo. I think he'll eventually regret his decision.

Ok, is someone able to answer for me: which vote will give the best chance of keeping the NHS state funded and preventing privatisation/poor healthcare?

Or does it really come to that... poor healthcare vs. privatisation? Or will neither prevent privatisation?

The best vote to secure the future of the NHS, is to vote leave. That straightforward.

A leave vote will see an injection of money freed up in the short-term from the old EU budget (however great that will be will depend on the size of the dip in the economy post Brexit, but there will undoubtedly be money available to invest). It will see the burden from the vast immigration via freedom of movement greatly reduced, thus saving money and allowing it to be redistributed to struggling services within the NHS which need it the most.

A leave vote will allow us the potential for real, tangible changes. People fear the Tories being 'unrestrained' if we were out of the EU, but I think that's once more, fear mongering.

Out of the EU we'd have the freedom to truly exercise our democracy, a general election won't be long around the corner should we leave the EU, and the future of the NHS will be a central part of that. I trust our electorate to get it right.

Meanwhile, a vote to remain in the EU, is a vote to maintain the unrestricted freedom of movement, and thus the ever growing strain will be increased on an underfunded NHS - and to compensate, further privatisation will inevitably have to take place. This is a given. There is no disputing that.

Especially given that a vote to remain in the EU, is a vote to be part of the TTIP deal which the EU are currently negotiating in secret, behind closed doors.

Becoming part of the TTIP will be the final death knell of the NHS, and anyone who cannot recognise this is wilfully deluding themselves.

Can sense after events of last weeks tragic event the campaign & their scare tactics will just about edge it. Pretty disgusting if you ask me using this MP's death to fuel their agenda. I've seen a handful of people on Twitter put the blame Farage for the actions of one mentally unstable individual. You might think he's a knob but that's completely uncalled for.

Hopefully it'll be a historic day on 23rd July and we'll have the balls to vote leave. We're stuck in a rut if we decide to stay in the EU. Think its bad now...it's only going to get worse. Vote OUT.

Yep Vote OUT vote RECESSION - good call

I've been OUT for the month I've been considering it so far. As of recent, I just feel we're being played by the BREXIT campaign - false hopes, easy to get a large proportion of the nation on side through things like immigration and other false promises.

They don't give up power like that. 2 sects of elite playing off against each other is all it comes down to for me now, besides what i'm sure will prove to be superficial stuff.

i feel like we are being played by the remain campaign, threats - tax rises, world war 3, the end of everything as we know it. leaving the eu is the only way to control immigration though, of course they are going to use that. i just found your reasoning bizarre. if id have said i was going to vote in, but now I'm voting out, because someones reminded me david cameron is an elitist. it wouldn't make any sense.

i think its about more than the politicians we have now, its about the future of the country for the next ten, twenty 30 years and onwards. I'm not basing my decision on boris johnson or david cameron, I'm basing it on what i think is best for the future of the country. I'm young, and i think leaving is the best thing to do.

The broader picture is this time next year we are trying to negotiate our way out of the EU whilst somehow simultaneously trying to negotiate hundreds of trade deals across the globe. The pound has dropped in value so our trade deficit value has grown - petrol is more expensive - goods in the shops are more expensive- an I am worse off and potentially out of work. That is a little more than mere discomfort.

The pound dipping is a red herring, it fluctuates routinely. No one is disputing that there'll likely be a short term dip in the economy should we get a leave result, but there is a dispute about how great a dip that would be, and there is absolutely no agreement that it would represent a recession. None whatsoever.

The question is whether or not you believe the short term hit is worth it for the longterm gain, and I'm entirely of the opinion that it is.

What's more, we'll likely spend circa two years negotiating our exit from the EU, and the EU has a specific charter to enable and legislate for the negotiation of an exit member state - precisely so that the economy of the leaving nation, and the EU itself, does not take a hit from the separation. To limit the acrimony and make it as smooth as possible.

This is not the end of days as many remainers try and present it. In my opinion, a leave result would represent a great period of broadening horizons and new opportunities - politically and economically.

I genuinely believe it's best for the future of this country, and people should not be blinded by party politics, or mere scaremongering from the status quo, when it comes to making such a landmark decision about the future of this country. This is a momentous opportunity for real positive change, and people need to recognise this through the fog and mud slinging.

Not mine but in tribute to Yep (Nopes) endless supply of pictures...

"We didn't fight two world wars to be ruled by Brussels/the Germans blah blah...."

I'm guessing, unless you are about 130 years old you actually didn't fight two world wars. I'm expecting that far from fighting any war, you've sat at home admiring your conservatory, and swallowing every euromyth Rupert Murdoch has fed you

You like the idea of "taking back control". You think leaving the EU will give you some kind of freedom. You haven't looked into the eyes of the people carrying those "taking back control" banners; Gove, Farage, Johnson. For some reason you think those guys have your best interests at heart? That they like alternative ideas? Or will allow you access to the truth? A free press? You do know that currently the UK is ranked 38th in the 2016 World Press Freedom Index? (Costa Rica, Ghana, Tonga and Uruguay all have a more independent media than the UK). That's how much our governing classes love freedom. They love their freedom (regulation-free) but not yours.

When they say "take back control", they mean; take control from Europe and give it all to them. The likes of Gove and Johnson and Rupert Murdoch. Journalist Anthony Hilton once asked Rupert Murdoch why he was so opposed to the European Union. 'That’s easy,' he replied. 'When I go into Downing Street they do what I say; when I go to Brussels they take no notice."

Maybe the likes of Murdoch and Gove and Johnson and Farage want out of the EU because the EU has been the institution that has done most to give workers rights of employment. Many of the benefits and protections British people have at work are thanks to EU regulations, and there's zero chance the Tories would make maintaining those rights a priority in the event of #Brexit (see http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/feb/25/workers-rights-are-on-the-line-in-eu-referendum-warns-tuc).

You need to know this; Murdoch wants more power and influence and the EU is standing in his way, Farage wants to privatise the NHS, even Cameron realised Gove was making a complete mess of being Education Secretary so sacked him; and Boris Johnson hates you.

The EU isn't perfect, far from it. But do you know what status Gove said the UK would have if we were outside the EU? He said we would be like Albania. He seemed to think that was a good thing (see http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/eu-referendum-britain-will-act-like-bosnia-and-ukraine-in-event-of-brexit-says-michael-gove-a6991711.html).

I know some people who live in, say Burnley, are brought up to believe that people living the other side of the hill, like, say in Blackburn, are somehow their mortal enemies. I wasn't brought up like that. I was brought up to believe our similarities are greater than our differences, that our common humanity is something to be embraced. The idea of retreating into an enclave, away from Europe, away from the world, disturbs me. We should be connecting to the world, building bridges and alliances (not retreating to a little England).

I'm voting #Remain because I'd hate the idea of living on an island with xenophobic leaders, fewer rights of employment, disappearing press and media freedoms, and an economy on a par with Albania.

Plus, I genuinely love being European. Take Boursin, for example. It's the eighth wonder of the world.

#Boursin NOT #Brexit.
Bit late, but what a quality post. Nice one mate.

But 'implosion' would come about through a many year drain and stress of propping up the Eurozone with us being continuously drained (don't be taken in my the claims of not be part / vetoes etc. - there are more than one way to skin a rich country as the EU proved last year).

This is our chance - when its gone - its gone
Good riddance. England, Britain, the UK are a European nation. That's the bottom line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.