Harry Kane

I agree, Haaland would be nice, but seems to have fallen into greedy agent clutches.

Basically I ’d like almost any other forward than Kane. There’s even a couple in the academy…

Come on though mate Delap isn’t ready yet for a full premier league season? Also, if form was the point from this euros and we were linked with Dias we would all be saying what a donkey!? We play a different system with the best manager in the world who will already have a plan of how we will play If Kane signs?

£100m (as currently rumoured) for a glass ankled 27 year old, generally penalty scoring forward.

seems rather a lot to just solve City’s penalty taking issues of the past few years…
The post immediately above yours informs you he played 49 games last season.....must be bloody hard glass his ankles are made of ?
He scored more goals and made more goals than anyone last season......hardly just taking penalties?

The post immediately above yours informs you he played 49 games last season.....must be bloody hard glass his ankles are made of ?
He scored more goals and made more goals than anyone last season......hardly just taking penalties?
If I'm not mistaken, Kane played more games last season than any of our players. Of course, a big part of that is that Pep was better able to manage the minutes amongst the squad. But, what if Kane only needed to play 35 or so games, instead of 49?

If I'm not mistaken, Kane played more games last season than any of our players. Of course, a big part of that is that Pep was better able to manage the minutes amongst the squad. But, what if Kane only needed to play 35 or so games, instead of 49?
Rodri and Dias played more, but apart from Sterling (who was 300 mins behind Kane), our other forward players played at least 500 mins less than Kane (3982 mins total).

Even more important, he didn't have a break either. He was left on the bench for a few Europa league matches, but other than that he was playing twice a week. As well as the rotation, all our forward players had periods where they were rested.

City's "signature" goal is a ball inside a f'back and a pull-back for a tap-in. Speedy wingers and a visionary in the ten role made it work. We dont have that any more. Kane in the false nine slot ( shades of the Revie plan) using his proven assist skills might be an alternative. Whoever we sign in the conventional nine position is going to face a packed box with five directly in his path, as long as our build-up is laboured. If we played as a more counter-attacking team it would pull defences forward, giving someone like Haaland space, Kane not so much.
Raw pace seems essential in today's game, Kane is not slow just not electric, so for me , not the answer. Having said that, Pep might find him a role that suits us and him.....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.