Maine Rd terrace characters

Always remember that song on top of all England now stand the sky blues,great song remember first singing it late 67 at Upton Park 3-2 win.
Franny got the winner with a screamer of a volley, following a pass from Tony Book. From memory, it was as foggy as hell on the way home, and I finally got in at around 7am, with my mum and dad going frantic.
My "A" level year, so back to school the following day!

Off the top of my head the United names I remember from the early 70s -
Sid Shock
Freddie North
Pubby (cos he lived in a pub in Wythenshawe)
Anyone recall a united lad called Willis? I can remember a derby in the mid 70s and as usual there were rags dotted around the Kippax, was near windy corner and word spread that Willis had been spotted, I think it was Donald and his crew who steamed into him and his mates. he was a big unit, rocker type with long blond hair and full denim, got paggered but gave it a good go and didn't back off. It was the first time I'd heard of him but plenty seemed to know who he was.
As an aside, the worst violence I ever saw on the Kippax was during a Wigan v Warrington match, semi I think, just monsters everywhere going at it for most of the game.

Franny got the winner with a screamer of a volley, following a pass from Tony Book. From memory, it was as foggy as hell on the way home, and I finally got in at around 7am, with my mum and dad going frantic.
Yes I remember that Lee goal I was stood behind those goals,15 at the time and came back on the same train as the team, walked through there carrage and most of them playing cards.

It was foggy driving back home. Turned off the M1 towards Derby, couldn't see 2 yards in front of me so pulled up and told my mates, no use lads, will have to kip in the car until the fog lifts. Aguy in a Sports car pulled and said follow me, I know the road. He set off doing about 40mph, all I could see was his two rear lights. Fog cleared going into Derby. Got home around 4am. Worth it.

Anyone recall a united lad called Willis? I can remember a derby in the mid 70s and as usual there were rags dotted around the Kippax, was near windy corner and word spread that Willis had been spotted, I think it was Donald and his crew who steamed into him and his mates. he was a big unit, rocker type with long blond hair and full denim, got paggered but gave it a good go and didn't back off. It was the first time I'd heard of him but plenty seemed to know who he was.
As an aside, the worst violence I ever saw on the Kippax was during a Wigan v Warrington match, semi I think, just monsters everywhere going at it for most of the game.

Wow

Don't mention the trouble at that semi final in the rugby,I was made out to have been making it up by a few on here a few month back,who claimed they were there and saw nothing,I'm glad at least one more remembered it as I did anyway.

Wow

Don't mention the trouble at that semi final in the rugby,I was made out to have been making it up by a few on here a few month back,who claimed they were there and saw nothing,I'm glad at least one more remembered it as I did anyway.
It was chaos, no segregation as I recall, I was towards the North Stand end and there were scraps breaking out all around that area. I liked a rumble at the match back then but maintained a watching brief on this occasion.

It was chaos, no segregation as I recall, I was towards the North Stand end and there were scraps breaking out all around that area. I liked a rumble at the match back then but maintained a watching brief on this occasion.

Only a youngish lad me was in the Main Stand,seats flying everywhere,horrible Warrington bastards

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.