Marc-Andre ter Stegen

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's shockingly good at the ball at his feet and of course can make as spectacular saves as Hart, though with him I always felt he is just not as clever when reading the play as, let's say, Neuer, whilst he probably already uses his feet as well as him.
See I think Neuer is a great shot stopper and a massive presence, but I also think he causes tonnes of problems with his supposed 'reading of the game'. He makes some rash decisions and puts his side in danger when there really is no need. Just recently against Juve he could have easily have been at fault for two goals (one was disallowed). The sweeper keepers has almost become as fashionable as the defensive midfielder. I understand the need for it but imo he gets involved in situations where his services aren't needed. Problem is, whenever he leaves his area to take the ball, everyone raves about how world class he is.

It's a weird one, he is probably the best in the world, but I still think his 'sweeping' is too risky and unnecessary at times.

Is it just me who doesn't find anything special about ter stegen? Most of his passes are to his centre halves , let's face it none of Mangala and Demichellis are Pique like

Allegedly, of the 98 goalkeepers in Europe's top five leagues, only one makes fewer passes per game than Joe Hart.

If Guardiola wants to build his team, I back him. And I love Joe Hart, the only one who is arsed enough to regularly acknowledge the South Stand. But Pep is here to make us the best, and in his image.

It would immediately sour Pep's arrival if one of the first things he does is get rid of Hart. I know a few people on here love nothing more than to slag him off but he is a very popular player and has been at the club a long time. And frankly I think he is a far better keeper than Ter Stegen. Just look at his performances in Europe. Be a big mistake in my opinion.

Allegedly, of the 98 goalkeepers in Europe's top five leagues, only one makes fewer passes per game than Joe Hart.

If Guardiola wants to build his team, I back him. And I love Joe Hart, the only one who is arsed enough to regularly acknowledge the South Stand. But Pep is here to make us the best, and in his image.
I agree.Pep has an enormous rebuilding job on his hands,and,if he believes that is best served by doing so from the very back,then so be it.
We are hiring this man because he is allegedly the very best,so,while some decisions will prove unpopular,we have to let him prove it.

After watching 'City Slickers', I can't think of anyone that would be happy to see Hart relegated to the bench and then, presumably, shipped out. It's tough to see such a key and loyal member of our side face being axed. I would give Pep the benefit of the doubt but if we don't hit the ground running, fingers will be pointed immediately especially if he sells/casts out some of our key players.

Hart's one of the few who actually puts 100% in week in, week out and has been consistent this season especially.

I haven't seen much of Ter Stegen but have always been aware of his potential over the years. I suppose we'll need a new second keeper and Pep must rate him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.