Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
In years to come their grandchildren might ask 'Hey grandad it must have been great for you being paid to watch all those great players at City?'
'No, kids. I was a bloody fool in those days refusing to see how good their football was. I used to bury my head in the sand shouting "shan't, shan't " when people who knew about football told me to watch and enjoy'.
These twats cut off their noses to spite their faces.

Do you ever regale your kids/grandkids with stories about the Liverpool side of the 80's?

Last edited:
This and the Wigan FA Cup Final still boil my blood!
The board and the players should shoulder full responsibility for that fucking day (sorry to de-rail thread).

Come to think of it, I'm still not over that FA cup game at Boundary Park on the coldest day ever.

The list is endless........... :-)

Do you ever regale your kids/grandkids with stories about the Liverpool side of the 80's?
Regale is too strong a word but l give credit when it was due.
More importantly though, l was not being paid to give what should be a fair and impartial opinion on games, players and managers.

Last edited:
Wouldn't it be great to have all these fuckwits on the stage in City square for the first game back and get Andy Morrison to ask them to explain their thinking.
They would still be in denial - Merson "I just don't get it, yeah he's (KDB) got great feet but he's a ginger and they can't be trusted" blah fucking blah. Dickhead!!

Would tell them of the great Leeds side of the late sixties and early seventies except their all grandaughters and just not interested in football. Would never praise any dipper or rags side.

Regale is too strong a word but l give credit when it was due.
More importantly though, l was not being paid to give what should be a fair and impartial opinion on games, players and managers.
Like you, Mike, I'd hope that I would be impartial in assessing any team/individual performance were I ever to be put in the privileged position of being asked for my opinion on a professional basis.

The kids among my family and friends in our Family Stand group often roll their eyes when I bang on about some team/player from yesteryear, just like my Old Man did when I was a kid describing Peter Doherty to me. It's one of the things I've missed about going to the match this past year, the glazed look that comes over the kids' eyes as I ask 'Have I ever told you about so-and-so who played for us? and so-and-so who played for.. (insert team here and any one from the likes of Alex Young/John White/Jim Baxter.. and so on and so on..!)

And yes, the great Liverpool sides of the 60s/70s/80s feature.. I remember once when we beat them 1-0 on Boxing Day (Clive Wilson scored) the Dalglish side absolutely thrashed us but somehow couldn't score. One of the guys in front of us on the Kippax turned to say after half an hour or so of them pummelling us 'It's a privilege to watch this team beat us, isn't it?'

And yes (2), don't get me on about how thrilling it was as a kid to see Peter Thompson and Ian Callaghan raiding down both both flanks for Shankly's Liverpool team.. oh, there goes that glazed look from you Mike.. I'll sign off!

just had talkshite on i know i was in car both presenters on afternoon show hoping PSG go all the way and win it, there must be any english clubs still in with a shout

Like you, Mike, I'd hope that I would be impartial in assessing any team/individual performance were I ever to be put in the privileged position of being asked for my opinion on a professional basis.

The kids among my family and friends in our Family Stand group often roll their eyes when I bang on about some team/player from yesteryear, just like my Old Man did when I was a kid describing Peter Doherty to me. It's one of the things I've missed about going to the match this past year, the glazed look that comes over the kids' eyes as I ask 'Have I ever told you about so-and-so who played for us? and so-and-so who played for.. (insert team here and any one from the likes of Alex Young/John White/Jim Baxter.. and so on and so on..!)

And yes, the great Liverpool sides of the 60s/70s/80s feature.. I remember once when we beat them 1-0 on Boxing Day (Clive Wilson scored) the Dalglish side absolutely thrashed us but somehow couldn't score. One of the guys in front of us on the Kippax turned to say after half an hour or so of them pummelling us 'It's a privilege to watch this team beat us, isn't it?'

And yes (2), don't get me on about how thrilling it was as a kid to see Peter Thompson and Ian Callaghan raiding down both both flanks for Shankly's Liverpool team.. oh, there goes that glazed look from you Mike.. I'll sign off!
Now you've taught me, l will suck some eggs.;)
Can l throw in Arsenal and being 4-0 down after less than 20 minutes? That sticks in my mind not just for their dominating us but also for the cheerful gallows humour, throughout most of the march.
Another one to mention Gullit for Chelsea one match when he made the side of the pitch next to the Main Stand his own personal fiefdom.

Yeah, but the spin has started - all about his 400K a week in tomorrow’s papers - timed perfectly with our operating loss news ...
Agreed mate. They won’t stop because they can’t. They are trapped by their own fixed mindset now. Whether they’re a paid shill, an it’s not fair rival fan, desperately clinging to celebrity, frantically seeking relevance, all of them; whatever the reasons they are swirling in a stinking, fetid, pool of denial. We are into the second decade, KDB signing up for the long ride is not a fucking project anymore.

They probably won’t stop because most are a special kind of stupid who can’t see the reality. We are witnessing a systemic leap in the way football is played, irrespective of what is won. It will be talked and written about when most of us are dead and gone.
What was so delicious was the timing of those two media clips appearing within hours of each other. You couldn’t get a more sublime example of the two worlds speeding apart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.