New striker?

Given Aguero’s continued struggle with this latest knee problem signing a striker in January is essentially key to the season. If we don’t then we can forget not just winning anything I think we can forget top 4 and that would be disastrous.

Wouldn’t Surprise me and we will be struggling in league every season if we don’t start dining at the big boys table .

makes me laugh club wants to be a European power house and keeps buying players who are rough diamonds with a success rate of about 1/5 ..
Give it a rest "big boys table", this isn't Fifa where you just sign who you want. Haaland doesn't want to come here, you can't sign someone who doesn't want to join.

Give it a rest "big boys table", this isn't Fifa where you just sign who you want. Haaland doesn't want to come here, you can't sign someone who doesn't want to join.
Robinho lol.

that’s what the club wants to be regarded as a European power house !!!

when we won cas the mantra was now we can challenge the European top clubs .

But I guess I read all that wrong so sorry dec the master , pass my regards on to ant

What is this based on?

Knowing Pep by now, I doubt we’ll sign a striker in January. I think he’ll do with Jesus, Sterling and Agüero occasionally.
Only a high profile striker would be an acceptable replacement for Kun, and there aren’t many in the market: Haaland, Martinez. None of them will be available in a month anyway.

But surely we are the richest team in the world with multiple title and cup wins managed by one of the greatest managers of all time surrounded by top of the range facilities and aspire to a top tier team yet we can’t sign the very best players in the world . What are we doing wrong then ?

Robinho lol.

that’s what the club wants to be regarded as a European power house !!!

when we won cas the mantra was now we can challenge the European top clubs .

But I guess I read all that wrong so sorry dec the master , pass my regards on to ant
What about Robinho? a player kicked to the side by Real and for sale to the highest bidder. Completely relevant to the Haaland situation.....

So what if that was the mantra, Haaland isn't joining. Simple.
What is this based on?
Based on understanding how football works, lets revisit this in 12mths when Haaland is stood next to Perez in the Bernabeu.
But surely we are the richest team in the world with multiple title and cup wins managed by one of the greatest managers of all time surrounded by top of the range facilities and aspire to a top tier team yet we can’t sign the very best players in the world . What are we doing wrong then ?
Doesn't matter what you have, we have never gone out and signed the very best because the very best already play for top clubs and have no reason to leave. There is nothing we are doing wrong, you just don't get what you want all the time.

What about Robinho? a player kicked to the side by Real and for sale to the highest bidder. Completely relevant to the Haaland situation.....

Based on understanding how football works, lets revisit this in 12mths when Haaland is stood next to Perez in the Bernabeu.

Doesn't matter what you have, we have never gone out and signed the very best because the very best already play for top clubs and have no reason to leave. There is nothing we are doing wrong, you just don't get what you want all the time.
The frustrating thing about is that when we do get the players they love it here and don’t leave .

Potential,but too raw and inconsistent.And while he is physically a man,mentally he has a bit of maturing to do.

It wouldn't do any harm to have him on the bench on the right occasions though.
Delap should’ve been on the bench every game we’ve had zero/ one centre forward fit.

His hold up play isn’t consistent enough, largely because he tries too much, his decision making can be a bit erratic and his temperament is a bit too fiery... but he’s 17 and all to be expected.

I’d rather look at what he gives us that we don’t have though. A proper physical presence, an aerial threat, a strikers instinct and is probably the fastest of the 3 central strikers. He’d have been great coming off the bench against WBA or a whole bunch of other sides where we’ve laboured around upfront.

The reality is though we probably should’ve signed a senior striker 2 seasons ago and most certainly in the summer gone with knee injury Aguero had. Jesus for me is a wide forward and too often lacks presence as a central striker.

so if we offered 50k a week more then the nearest competitor he wouldn't join us ???

young players / most players go to Who pays the highest.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.