The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
I am not happy with the super league at all but its happening, the sooner people realise it and get on with it the better it is. Its too late now to go back. Too much money at stake for clubs to fall back on it now.
Something needs to happen, Just not that one.

I can understand the club playing the percentages here. I understand why they signed up and the more I've read over the last 48 hrs leads me to think it was just to pacify the other founding members for the time being whilst exploring all other options.
What I'd love to believe now is after doing our due dilligance we have come to the decision that this isn't in the clubs best interests.
Still time to redeem yourselves City.
Given the reported behaviour of Woodward with unfair before the announcement, I would love City to be in the SL as a negotiating ploy with uefa.
Hopefully place at the top table, fuck racist that off and work with the 'new' uefa now red influences are out

Just thinking about how the effect on the PL might pan out. Seem to be two possible scenarios at the moment- either the six get kicked out of the PL or they stay. If the former then presumably they get replaced from the Championship which on current standings would be Brentford, Bournemouth, Barnsley, Reading, Cardiff andMillwall. No disrespect to those clubs, but this would devalue the PL to the level of say the Belgian or Dutch leagues. For the PL the commercial implications of this scarcely bear thinking about so I don't see it happening.

If the six continue in the PL then as another poster has said they will mainly play their squad players as there is no incentive (eg top four and CL entry)for them to do otherwise, and plenty of disincentive (injury to star players). You might see the odd star player getting a run-out after injury for game time but that would be about it. And as the six will have more dosh than the others put together then we can expect to see their dominance in attracting the best squad players and positions in the PL.

Either way, the future for the PL does not look bright.

Incidentally , on the international front, if players from the six are banned these competitions are similarly devalued so I can't see that happening either, even if it's legal to ban them. Also banning them immediately drags players from countries outside Europe into this morasse.

What a bloody mess.
I think if they are kicked out then just finish the season as it stands. Next season would be great with 9 up from the championship imo.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.