The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
If i can add, so every one of thses 12 clubs will play domestically and instead of CL it would be super league, right? The other clubs (not invited because, except german clubs and PSG, are not generating as much of revenues, will still compete if Champions league and Europa League), i can understand their frustration it is all about money without those super league clubs (with reserve about tottenham), CL will not generate as much as money to distribute it.

Except some exotic European leagues who qualify for CL, already it is quiet identical, many teams qualify for CL simply to get those 30m extra revenue

Yes, they want a guaranteed return on their investment, the ESL concept gives them that guarantee. Mansour is no different. The only difference would be accepting a longer timeframe to see that return than your average venture capitalist.

Silver Lake, an American equity fund, bought a 10% share in CFG. You reckon they were buying in for the romance or a healthy return on that investment? How do you think they would react if City passed on an invite to join a franchise model with 11 of the biggest clubs in world football and a guaranteed £350m sign on payment?
They can react however they like. If they are unhappy with the majority owner's decision they can sell their stake, either back to him or sell it on to someone else.

They took a risk in buying stocks, a minority share in a business, that those running it might make decisions they don't like, or that the business might lose money (we've been generating profits since what, two years into the takeover, up until this season which is due to the pandemic).

When you invest in a company you are essentially placing a bet. You can't always win and it's not really in your hands, you can shout and scream but that doesn't mean Paddy Power should give back the money... Or in this case, Sheikh Mansoor.

What do we gain from pulling out though?
Go crawling back to UEFA and beg to join their competition and play with PSG and Bayern, both the biggest opponents to us in world football.

Unless of course you think us leaving would collapse the whole deal which is not going to happen, they will just fill our spot with someone else.

Why should City, so proud of our heritage, history, morals and status as a club of the people, be party to this? Why should Khaldoon jump into bed with the other five clubs who signed that infamous letter to fuck us, when he called for status quo only a year ago? Why do a select few on here think having FOMO for a boring and shite competition designed to make the rich richer and prevent clubs attaining success on merit is a reason for City to be party to this?

Inside pissing out? More like inside pissing inside.

No, not at all. Not... not even close, actually.

In fact it's absolutely bizarre that you think that. I don't understand how you've reached that conclusion at all.
It’s not a closed shop it’s similar to now but with a few places with criteria to put in say Rags if finishing outside top 4. Still stinks of looking after top clubs who are shit but global but not a closed shop

Yes, they want a guaranteed return on their investment, the ESL concept gives them that guarantee. Mansour is no different. The only difference would be accepting a longer timeframe to see that return than your average venture capitalist.

Silver Lake, an American equity fund, bought a 10% share in CFG. You reckon they were buying in for the romance or a healthy return on that investment? How do you think they would react if City passed on an invite to join a franchise model with 11 of the biggest clubs in world football and a guaranteed £350m sign on payment?
Then they are free to sell their stake in the club..........

What do we gain from pulling out though?
Go crawling back to UEFA and beg to join their competition and play with PSG and Bayern, both the biggest opponents to us in world football.

Unless of course you think us leaving would collapse the whole deal which is not going to happen, they will just fill our spot with someone else.
No I also agree with that, I honestly think that this is down to business. That if we didnt except we would be left behind and not allowed back in.

For me this ESL was never a bluff, the powers that are making this happen have vacated their UEFA positions and ECA positions

There is now going back from this - the damage is done, going forward their is no working relationship with UEFA with any of the involved clubs

I was just trying to have a little bit of positive after 2 days of pure shock and horror, thats all : )

Forget global recognition, let me tell you when Liverpool was having training session in my country they sold out entry passes with a price more expensive than a ticket for a City pre season match here.

City are years behind Liverpool globally and following them to this hole will not change that, and that is just one club Liverpool.
You don't change that overnight, agreed. But you do get to change it.

Liverpool have their global fan base because of their CL and 1st Division dominance in the 1980's and 1990's and kids watched that, became Liverpool fans, had kids who were then also Liverpool fans.

It takes generations to build up that sort of fan base, but also in generations it can change. Our fanbase globally is growing exponentially, and I have absolutely ZERO doubt that in time, we would be a "bigger" club than Liverpool, and probably bigger than Real or Barca. That's where we were headed and absolutely I am sure the SL founding clubs are shit scared of that.

Dwindling revenues, huge debts, can't buy the best players any more, don't win the CL every other year. And City and PSG keep winning it and picking up more and more fans. They can see the writing on the wall and it scares them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.