It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it's unlikely but if Sterling doesn't want to renew I wonder whether City will look to offload him this summer? Foden's taken his place and whilst I still think he's a class player, relatively young etc, I can't imagine City will be comfortable with him running down his contract. Plus with our unexpected financial loss (I know this was partly down to Covid) could we see him sold to help bring in other players?
Its was not unexpected financial loss. The club does not operate on that basis.

the club does spend money and then dont calculate what it might make or lose. Like you are suggesting here.

Khaldoon was totally chill about those results, which says everytrhing.

Reactions: nmc
Eric broke his leg and the club he was with supported his recovery and he felt obliged . Mbop was arrogant , he also wanted to be a wimp and stay in france , he turned manchester and the club down , didnt turn down pep he says , he wouldnt come here for the right reason

His feeling obliged also cost us some 60m, but got his club that money so fair play to him. We had a fee agreed with his club, so not like they needed his being obliged.

I don't take mbappe's comments as arrogant or whimpy. I doubt the club would basennig decisions on a one off comment years ago, particularly if they don't see it as grossly offensive as you do.

And btw, I'm not a mbappe fan, nor am I particularly fussed about seeing him play for us. I don't think he's coming, but ih t isnt out of spite at how someting he once said is interpreted.

Reactions: nmc
Not taking the offer on the table last summer for Sancho has cost Dortmund millions.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but football and footballers fortunes change very quickly.

If a serious offer is put on the table, Dortmund will take it in my opinion.

Did it? How?

They had an offer for him 30m below the asking price. If they get the same for him this year, which they easily can, it cost them nothing and they had the player a year longer. I'd bet they get more, and close to what they asked for initially.

Gravenberch is another Raiola client.

Ah well, that's that then, we don't deal with him. He was probably too tall for a pep player anyway. Although given he's only 18 maybe we were intrrested in his potential to shrink a bit.

Did it? How?

They had an offer for him 30m below the asking price. If they get the same for him this year, which they easily can, it cost them nothing and they had the player a year longer. I'd bet they get more, and close to what they asked for initially.
This summer they will be lucky to get 50 million, the offer last summer was more than enough.

Gravenberch is another Raiola client.

I guess that was it is right now.
I said something a few months about the growing rooster of young clients under Raiola. He is now the biggest name in football agent and may soon overtake Mendes. There is no way we can go on a strike against an agent as powerful as Raiola. We may miss on a ton of talent players.
He may be rough around the edges but he gets his clients what they want and despite being scorned by clubs because they find him difficult, his client base may just keep on increasing.

Bottomline is whether it is Haaland or somebody else. Raiola should/couldn't be a deciding factor when we decide to scout a player. If he is good enough of City, I am pretty sure the people upstairs may make peace with Raiola.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.