Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Foden has a long way to go your quite correct, he will have as many ups as downs, that has to be expected for a young player, but so does Grealish, two decent seasons at Villa does not make him a world beater.

Grealish like Foden very talented but a lot of hard work and improvement is needed.

True but both are potentially world class if they play their cards right.

Why the lol?
Fuck me people are over rating this lad unlike anything I've ever seen and anybody who thinks he's better than Foden must be on the wum at this point.

I like Grealish a lot and would be happy to see him sign but I'm hearing he will be our second best player and its enough to make you weep.
I'm waiting for someone to suggest Jack Grealish in the 'Who's going to take over when Pep leaves' thread.

It won't be me, I promise....

Agreed, mate. It's not easy. That's why the Villa owners won't want to lose Jack. It would be massively deflating to the wave of optimism they've built around the club. It's more than just losing his ability on the field.

Why haven’t they come out and said we ain’t selling him know matter how much is offered? That’s what having wealthy owners can do..

It's just inevitable IMO that he will leave to someone higher up the food chain at this moment in time. It used to happend to us, I was gutted when SWP went to Chelsea but it was understandable and we needed the money. In a few years it may be the other way round, but at this moment in time I don't see Villa challenging for anything or getting near the top 4. If you are a top level player you need to be playing in a top level team. Do you really want to get to the end of your career and look back at that one season when you helped your team finish 8th or look back at winning things every season?

It's a bit like if you have a partner who is much better looking than you, you know at some point they are going to probably leave you for someone more in their league. (Not that it's ever happened to me as I'm a handsome bastard! Apart from my hunch back and I'm bow legged)

Yeah, Villa are in a race against time, trying to match Jack's personal ambitions. The fans know this. If he wasn't a Villa boy he'd be gone already, no doubt.

I think Villa have done everything on their part to possibly keep Grealish. They’ve offered him an improved contract and are spending big on improving the side.

I personally don’t think it will be enough to get them into the top 4 but finishing in the top 8 should be a realistic goal for Villa. Is that enough to keep Grealish happy though?

The big thing working against Villa at the moment is the cult status Grealish received during the Euros and the upcoming WC.

The Euros is the prime example of how an international tournament can turn a player into a marketing dream. Jack is at his highest marketable stock right now. A move to a CL club, playing regular football and winning trophies will take him to another level.

Having another good season at Villa might not even guarantee him a starting place in the WC side, especially with Sancho joining United and Foden, Mount and Bellingham all having more experience. There are a lot of players for England competing with Grealish who are younger, have the potential to be better and are playing in the CL.

I suppose that’s the gamble Grealish has to take and in a way, it’s unfortunate for Villa that there’s not a two-year gap before the next international tournament.

I think Leicester are the perfect blueprint for Villa. They sold their key players for top money, reinvested in the squad and become stronger for it. If Villa end up with Buendia, Cantwell and Bailey but sell Grealish, I think they’d be a much stronger side than last season.

I get the 'sell and strengthen overall' argument. There's a stronger than usual emotional connection for the fans where Jack's concerned, though.

Also, it's just amazing having a world-class (imo! :-)) operator playing for us. It's been 20 odd years since the last one!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.