It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
I Don't get some of the Kane/aguero comparisons... Obviously aguero in his prime is the ultimate.... But... He hasn't been in his prime for 2 years. Kane is definitely not an upgrade on prime but he definitely is better than aguero of the past 2 years. It really is that simple.

Additionally, I fear we are blinded by Bernardo's industrious quality and likeability. Current grealish is an upgrade on current Bernardo imo. Bernardo's big quality is his hard work, but imo we have others who fill that role, his job should be producing chances and goals. Grealish is better than him at that. That's no disrespect to Bernie, he's been immense for us but some players just have a shelf life (kind of reminds me of nasri's journey with us) and want to move on and from what I hear Bernie feels it's time to move on to somewhere a bit warmer.

Don't get me wrong, I don't particularly want him to leave, I think he's a superb footballer, will always see him as one of us and would love him to stay and have an 18/19 vintage season next year, I just don't see it happening.

Aaaaaaaaanyway, Messi?

Well, the peak Agüero was obviously better than peak Kane, but Agü hasn't been at that level for about 2 years now, so it doesn't make much sense, because Kane is definitely better now.
is he though.....the fitness for Aguero is the issue but if fit (and I know thats a reasonable size IF) Aguero is still the better goal scorer against the better teams and thats the main issue for me....Kane is a good striker and his numbers show that.....but in the big moments against the best we need someone that takes those chances (or half chances) and Id take Aguero over kane any day in that scenario......even now if he stayed fit.....and there is no suggestion he wont be...

I genuinely think this “numbers” thing has got a bit ridiculous tbh.

How many assists did Colin Bell get? How about Maradona? Fuck knows.

“Assists” only started getting reported on in about 1994 when the Telegraph started recording them for the inaugural Fantasy League season.

Before then, creative players were judged on how well they played. How intelligent their passing was. Being the last person to touch the ball before the goalscorer wasn’t really relevant.

But now people are obsessed with “the numbers”. I couldn’t tell you “the numbers” David Silva got. Or Zidane got. Or Xavi got. Grealish maybe got better numbers last season. But I can tell you from watching them who were the better players.

This got me interested so I looked up to see if there were any Maradona assist stats.

Maradona ranks first all-time in assists (eight), chances created (66), take ons (188), and fouls drawn (152) in World Cup play since 1966.

Wild that he's still the most fouled player, given that the threshold for a foul was so much higher then.

I genuinely think this “numbers” thing has got a bit ridiculous tbh.

How many assists did Colin Bell get? How about Maradona? Fuck knows.

“Assists” only started getting reported on in about 1994 when the Telegraph started recording them for the inaugural Fantasy League season.

Before then, creative players were judged on how well they played. How intelligent their passing was. Being the last person to touch the ball before the goalscorer wasn’t really relevant.

But now people are obsessed with “the numbers”. I couldn’t tell you “the numbers” David Silva got. Or Zidane got. Or Xavi got. Grealish maybe got better numbers last season. But I can tell you from watching them who were the better players.
exactly....stats can be very misleading...Kane has posted more goals most seasons than Aguero (I think) but havnig watched them both play I know who id rather have and there is no bias in that at all. Same as you saiy with David Silva over Grealish....Im sorry but they are playing different sports the quality gap is so big.I believe we have a better player in foden than Grealish and if Bernardo was played more centrally i believe again he is the better player. Sane for me though a different kind of player fro Grealish is a better player......for me even though grealish is a good player/ a strong player it is regression in overall squad quality with both him and Kane

Ha....so you think that makes it wrong...its called a difference of opinon...I happen to think that Bernardo Silva who has won multiple titles/awards etc is a better player that Jack Grealish....you clearly think otherwise....I was onyl posting in opposition to the point that someone made that one season worth of stats show that Grealish is better...I say that doesnt show he is better overall
For the record an as Ive said before I think Grealish is a good player - nothing more however.
Then you`re totally deluded if you think Grealish is only a "good" player and all the nonsense about those players must be better if they have won trophies puts them streets ahead of anyone lese is just pure lazy sort of journalistic shite that only hacks would use.

The number of trophies has absolutely nothing to do with individual performance though. That's why you're getting pilloried by everyone. If you'd said "let's look at both players' performances over the last x seasons," then fine. But just posting a picture of every pot Agüero has won in his career to counteract the assertion that Kane is coming off a much better season than Kun is just weird. It doesn't make any sense.
Spot on mate and he`s not only lost the battle he`s lost a fucking big war.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.