It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
or encouraging them to be more creative
I like your way of thinking.

I find it difficult to sympathise with the people who are adamant that we, as a club, are doing things so badly that heads should roll. To my mind this is ridiculous. It smacks of self entitlement and clearly has no basis in reality.

Of course, we all want our club, the team that we love, to win every match, in every competition, but not only is that an absurd notion, it would be rather hollow were it to happen repeatedly. Perhaps for a short while but the idea of healthy competition is a far better watch.

This is about elite teams challenging themselves against other elite teams for the chance to show themselves to be the best in any given competition in a particular season; the idea that we have any divine right to scoop the lot is frankly, laughable, and anyone who feels differently, in my opinion, should take a step back and re-evaluate matters.

My goodness; look at where we are compared to where we were.

My issue isn't not signing Kane, it's finding out on the 25th August that Kane is not available. The strategy has been bizarre, accepting it could go down to the wire based on 'confidence' that none of us can actually explain. Now we're in a situation where we're scrambling to salvage something or face delivering Pep 0 strikers. At some point, genuine questions have to be asked of those responsible for transfers.

That’s why I am convinced the board are looking at a longer term striker project. Think we are looking beyond Pep now with our purchases.
On the face of it Barney, the idea of our board not fully backing Pep is heresy, however, once you take a step back and realise that we will have other managers beyond our current saviour, and our board are here for longer than he, then I feel that you have hit the nail on the proverbial head.

This is one the more, if not most, balanced posts I have seen on this subject recently.

p.s. I acknowledge that your username does not suggest that you are called barney but I didn't know how else I should reference you. Please correct me at your leisure. :-)

We're not the big draw for players that some people on here seem to have convinced themselves.
Top 'elite' players will only come to Manchester City for one or both of two reasons...
1. To play under Pep Guardiola
2. Money
When Pep goes, it's 100% down to the money. If we want to keep playing with the big boys, we'll have to start throwing big money around soon or we may find ourselves doing without CL football in a couple of years time.
This is one of the most hysterical, insulting and presumptuous post I've ever seen in here and that includes the occasional trolls from the other clubs. I'm not even gonna bother trying to explain my view.

We're not the big draw for players that some people on here seem to have convinced themselves.
Top 'elite' players will only come to Manchester City for one or both of two reasons...
2. Money
When Pep goes, it's 100% down to the money. If we want to keep playing with the big boys, we'll have to start throwing big money around soon or we may find ourselves doing without CL football in a couple of years time.
Think you’d be better off supporting the red side. I’m not opposed to posting ‘out there’ takes, I’ve had a few myself, but this one is nasty coming from a blue. If it’s this stressful for you supporting city just take some time off. Sometimes a nap will do you a little good.

Reactions: nmc
2. Money
Just read the pages from this post to the most recent. I’m surprised you didn’t get more shit to be honest.

First of all, Robinho says hi. Adebayor is giving a fond wave, as is Balotelli. They’re all enjoying the fruits of the wages we paid, with the latter also proud of his contribution to our current success and stature.

Id say that is as much as ‘money’ comes into it, though I’m not naive enough to not realise money is a factor in any transfer for any player to any club. Even those who, on your words, are a big draw.

FF from then to 2011. City start selling the project to players who would grace the top clubs back then, whilst of course paying a more than fair wage. The success starts.

Now skip to 2015. City can now mix with the big boys, with money being the absolute distant in their attraction where the top players are concerned. Raheem Sterling walks away from one of the biggest clubs in the country to sign for us. Go and have a look at his current medal haul. KDB fucks off the inevitable advances of Bayern and comes back to a league he previously walked away from. Again I’m not naive that money was a factor, but money is a factor whoever it is, be it player or club.

We sit in a position where we can attract the premier players around the world, and those wanting to come to Europe to be part of this league and to play CL. They choose us. Not united, not Liverpool, not Barca. Us. Pep will also be a factor, but your post has a tone that without him we don’t get to sign those players.

You are living around that 2009 era, (username irony), where players literally only came for money. That simply isn’t the case anymore, much to the annoyance of those who used to wave those printed pieces of paper with the wrong fucking Sheikh at us. We are thee biggest attraction not just in England, but world football. Players choose us in the same way they used to choose United, Barca and the like and I think you should give and show us the bloody respect we deserve.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.